food & beverage expert - adult beverage job description
All about Target
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say, “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. The food and beverage team work together to provide the guest a fresh, full, and food safe shopping experience all day, every day.
All about Food & Beverage
The Food & Beverage team enables a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is fresh, in stock, available and accurately priced and signed on the sales floor. They are experts of operations, process and efficiency. This team leads food and food services including replenishment, inventory accuracy, food safety, presentation, pricing and promotional signing processes for all Food and Beverage areas of the store.
At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Food & Beverage Expert - Adult Beverage can provide you with the:
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building relationships and converting guest interactions into sales
- Knowledge building in adult beverage trends including: seasonality, craft making, guest preference, flavor combinations and pairings and originations
As a Food & Beverage Expert - Adult Beverage, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
- Deliver an exceptional guest experience, providing a fully stocked and clean liquor store shopping experience during all hours of operation, prioritizing the guest’s needs over task.
- Uphold and maintain the execution of the Food and Beverage Standards.
- Understand how operational procedures impact shortage and profitability.
- Execute food and beverage processes that include receiving vendor products, set processes, pulls, stocking, zoning, instocks routines, QMOS and backstocking.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with vendors to proactively set and maintain adult beverage plannograms, transitions and backroom space.
- Ensure accurate in-stocks by placing store-initiated orders with vendors according to best practices (where applicable).
- Execute all federal, state and local adult beverage laws as they apply to your business and protect your store’s liquor license.
- Become familiar with your store’s adult beverage assortment, providing recommendations and insight to guests on owned and national brands and varietals.
- Perform cashier duties at the point of sale (e.g., scan items, process payments and returns, operate cash register, bag items, process returns, etc.).
- Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
- Properly handle environmentally sensitive items when breaks and spills occur.
- Locate and identify damaged, recalled or expired items and process according to best practice.
- Appropriately use and care for in-store and personal protective equipment; follow equipment control guidelines.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance.
- All other duties based on business needs.
What we are looking for
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
- Stocking, Setting and Selling Target products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do.
- You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Food & Beverage Expert - Adult Beverage. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- Must be 18 years of age (or 21 where required by state/local laws)
- Previous food or grocery experience preferred, but not required
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Work both independently and with a team
- Resolve guest questions quickly on the spot
- Attention to detail and follow a multi-step process
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Accurately handle cash register operations
- Climb up and down ladders
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary