food service expert job description
All about Target
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say, “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside an enthusiastic, dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. The food and beverage team work together to provide the guest a fresh, full, and food safe shopping experience all day, every day.
All about Food & Beverage
The Food & Beverage team enables a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is fresh, in stock, available and accurately priced and signed on the sales floor. They are experts of operations, process and efficiency. This team leads food and food services including replenishment, inventory accuracy, food safety, presentation, pricing and promotional signing processes for all Food and Beverage areas of the store.
At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Food Service Expert can provide you with the:
- Skills in guest service fundamentals and experience sampling
- Knowledge of state and federal food safety & OSHA guidelines
- Experience with food quality and freshness management
As a Food Service Expert, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
- Deliver an exceptional guest experience providing a fresh, full and food safe experience during all hours of operations, prioritizing the guest’s needs over task.
- Uphold and maintain the execution of the Food and Beverage Standards, Food Service Routines, and all food safety standards.
- Uphold and maintain all Pizza Hut brand standards (where applicable).
- Understand how operational procedures impact shortage and profitability.
- Maintain a neat, clean, and inviting dining area for guests all day, every day.
- Execute transitions in Food Service and Pizza Hut.
- Maintain an on-going awareness of all promotional activity within Café and Pizza Hut (where applicable).
- Produce items to specifications on production cards and follow specific department routines to drive sales, instocks, and profitability.
- Monitor and record temperature-sensitive food items as outlined in best practices.
- Complete and record all cleaning tasks in the food service space as outlined in best practices.
- Follow proper packaging and labeling guidelines for food products.
- Follow proper perishable inventory procedures to ensure an accurate recording of inventory.
- Execute sampling best practices.
- Provide a friendly guest experience; tailor your interaction to guest needs.
- Always demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance.
- All other duties based on business needs.
What we are looking for
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
- Stocking, Setting and Selling Target products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do.
- You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Food Service Expert. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- Strong interest and knowledge of the food service business
- Previous food or grocery experience preferred, but not required
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Work both independently and with a team
- Resolve guest questions quickly on the spot
- Attention to detail and follow a multi-step processes
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Accurately handle cash register operations
- Climb up and down ladders
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary