front of store attendant job description
All about Target
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say, “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do.
All about Service & Engagement
Advocates of guest experience who welcome, thank and exceed guest service expectations by focusing on guest interaction and recovery. Advocates of both physical and digital services and solutions who are knowledgeable about capabilities and features that drive adoption, usage and ultimately guest loyalty. Empowered to make shopping effortless and seamless for guests at the checklanes, guest services, gift registry, pick-up and drive up.
At Target, we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Front of Store Attendant can provide you with the:
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience supporting a guest first culture across the store
- Ability to communicate and interact with guests to build an inclusive guest experience
- Ability to adapt to different guest interactions and situations
As a Front of Store Attendant, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
- Create a welcoming experience by authentically greeting, every guest every time.
- Provide an easy, seamless shopping experience by keeping carts and baskets well stocked and clean for guests.
- Provide a friendly response to carry out requests.
- Work efficiently to minimize guest wait time while maintaining guest service and accuracy.
- Maintain interior and exterior brand, including emptying garbage cans and attending to restroom cleanliness, charge electronic carts, and attend to spills throughout the store as needed.
- Work at an efficient pace to minimize guest wait time while maintaining guest service and accuracy
- Evaluate cart condition and request maintenance.
- Stock supplies during store open hours while being available for the guest.
- Scan and bag all guest items quickly, neatly, and in compliance with food safety standards and Company best practices.
- Make the guest aware of current and upcoming brand launches, store activities, and events.
- Speak to the benefits of the REDcard with every guest and assist them through the application process.
- Understand and show guests how to use Wallet and the other features and offerings within the Target App.
- Be familiar with all fulfillment services, and know how to direct the guest to enroll, activate, and use them.
- Make it right for the guest by de-escalating any negative situations and recover the guest shopping experience while following Target’s policies and procedures.
- Say thank you after every guest interaction and be sure every guest leavessatisfied with their shopping experience.
- Always demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance.
- All other duties based on business needs.
What we are looking for
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
- You enjoy interacting with people all day and making things easy for others…. Interacting with guests, solving concerns and making the guests day better is core of what we do.
- You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Front of Store Attendant. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Work both independently and with a team
- Resolve guest questions quickly on the spot
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Accurately handle cash register operations
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary