inbound expert job description
All about Target
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. We delight our guests with area experts ready to assist with items that are instock and priced accurately ensuring guests have an enjoyable experience both in stores and online.
All about General Merchandise
Experts of operations, process and efficiency who enable a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is set, in-stock, accurately priced and signed on the sales floor. The General Merchandise and Food Sales team leads inbound, outbound, replenishment, inventory accuracy, presentation, pricing, and promotional signing processes for all GM areas of the store. This team leads Food & Beverage, and Food Service, providing a fresh and food safe experience. Experts enable efficient delivery to our guests by owning pick, pack, and ship fulfillment work.
At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of an Inbound Expert can provide you with the:
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience supporting a guest first culture across the store
- Experience in retail business fundamentals: department sales trends, inventory management, and process efficiency and improvement
- Experience executing daily/weekly workload to support business priorities and deliver on sales goals
As an Inbound Expert, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
- Execute a detailed, accurate and efficient sorting operation (including all unload schedule times).
- Stock, backstock and zone product on sales floor.
- Maintain sales floor instocks for General Merch categories.
- Operate power equipment only if certified and partner with lead if certification is needed.
- Work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Manage all defectives and handle environmentally sensitive (ESIM) items in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance.
- All other duties based on business needs.
What we are looking for
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and fast paced environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
- Stocking, Setting and Selling Target product sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do.
- You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are on the go all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be an Inbound Expert. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Work both independently and with a team
- Resolve guest questions quickly on the spot
- Attention to detail and follow a multi-step processes
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Accurately handle cash register operations
- Climb up and down ladders
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary