Sr Corporate Communications AssociateApply Now Job ID: MAR0001O6 Date posted: 06/13/2019 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
JOIN US AS A SR ASSOCIATE, CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
A role with Target Communications means a chance to continuously improve the quality, relevance, creativity and authenticity of both internal and external storytelling. Bring your skills as a bold and forward-thinking professional communicator who thrives on building confidence, driving brand love and creating value. Here, you will shine as a relationship-focused pro who is strategically minded, an expert executor and an articulate brand ambassador. Rise to the challenge of driving results with smart risk-taking, constant innovation and perpetual teaching and learning. Comprised of Public Relations, Public Affairs, Crisis Management and Internal Enterprise Communications, this team strengthens and protects Target’s reputation and helps drive traffic, sales and guest loyalty. You will develop deep relationships with business partners to ensure critical information flows through multiple channels, building confidence with team members and external stakeholders and strengthening Target’s position within the competitive retail marketplace.
As a Communications Senior Associate at Target, you will have the opportunity to bring to life the story of our progress against our strategy and leadership in the retail industry through media relations and a variety of internal and external communication channels.
This role is responsible for supporting internal and external engagement and positioning for Target’s CEO and CFO as well as internal and external communications for business areas within Finance, including quarterly earnings.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Support an integrated communications model, providing internal and external communications planning and strategic execution for Finance related business areas and initiatives including financial reporting, REDcard, CFO media interviews and speaking engagements.
- Support select CEO internal and external communication activities.
- Manage internal communications and media relations to support quarterly earnings reporting, in partnership with Investor Relations.
- Lead the development of media and team communication materials for quarterly earnings, including leader remarks and speaking points, messaging, visuals and social media content.
- Keep a strong pulse on industry financial news, sharing timely updates with business partners and colleagues and preparing coverage summaries for leadership.
- Handle proactive and reactive media relations for corporate and financial topics.
- Research and evaluate leadership speaking engagement invitations from external organizations and publications and manage logistics and media relations for select events.
- Develop content for multiple Target communication vehicles, including internal publications and A Bullseye View.
- Measure and evaluate effectiveness of communication strategies.
- Collaborate with external PR agency team, including budget management.
- Handle highly sensitive business information with the utmost confidentiality.
- 6-8 years of related experience
- Strong writing for various forms (i.e., email, speeches, media talking points)
- Strong media relations skills
- A storytelling mindset with business acumen
- Executive presence and the ability to coach/counsel senior leaders
- Ability to collaborate with peers and influence without authority
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities on a daily basis and be nimble in the face of change
- Experience working in a corporate communications or agency setting
Experience with financial communications for a public company
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture