Sr Engineer- FirmwareApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000199686
job family: Product Engineering
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Senior Engineer, you serve as a specialist in the engineering team that supports the product. You help develop and gain insight in the application architecture. You can distill an abstract architecture into concrete design and influence the implementation. You show expertize in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems. You are an expert in programming and apply your skills in developing the product. You have the skills to design and implement the architecture on your own, but choose to influence your fellow engineers by proposing software designs, providing feedback on software designs and/or implementation. You show good problem solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineer, you’ll take the lead as you…
Use your technology acumen to apply and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within specialized area(s) of the technology domain. Evaluate new technologies and participate in decision-making, accounting for several factors such as viability within Target’s technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership. Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities for new technologies. Manage total product, financials and forecasting. Lead the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services. Lead and conduct code review, design review, testing, and debugging activities at the application level. Lead functional design and architecture discussions with understanding of process flows and system diagrams to enable design decisions. Participate in routine and non-routine construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements and best practices met. Provide technical oversight and coach others to resolve complex and severe technical issues. Lead disaster recovery activities and contribute to disaster recovery planning. Embed data quality protocols throughout data acquisition, processing, storage, and operational use. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Relevant experience of 7+ Years in Embedded Software
- Should be able to interpret key vendor and manufacturer documentation
- Should be able to propose key design aspects for a team of collaborators
- Well aware of challenges in board bring up and firmware development
- A good balance of complementary software skills on PC as wells as embedded platforms is desired
- Domain knowledge in software design, networking and camera applications will be appreciated
- Good understanding of Design Patterns, Neural Networks and Real Time Operating Systems
- Ability to develop OpenCV applications on Embedded Linux devices
- Prudently aware of technological trends such as Tensor flow lite, OpenCL, Zephyr, and RISC-V
- Should be aware of trends in the field of electronics and machine vision
- 6 to 9 years of relevant experience based on the skillset above.
- Worked in agile teams for the development of hardware and firmware
- Have built capabilities of scalable IoT applications
- Involved in development of scalable IoT and Embedded Systems
- Participated in testing, and qualification of production firmware
- Documented knowledge and trends in relevant domains for larger audience
- Ownership of software components consisting of a fair level of complexities
- Involvement in the technical community and a history of hands-on experience will be considered a plus
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture