Guest Advocate (Cashier), General Merchandise, Inbound (Stocking), Starbucks (T3274)Apply Now Location: 2222 E Lincoln Ave, Anaheim, California, United States, 92806-4107; job id: R0000161513
job family: Store Hourly - Food;Store Hourly - Sales Floor
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that cares, grows, and wins together. A team that is inclusive, makes connections, and brings their passion and pride to all that they do. You delight our guests in all areas of the store ensuring each guest has an enjoyable experience in our smallest format stores.
ALL ABOUT SMALL FORMATS
We enable a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is in stock, available, accurately priced and signed on the sales floor in our smallest format stores. Experts of service, operations, process and efficiency, this team is responsible for being proficient in all areas of the store to complete duties such as, but not limited to, cashiering, stocking, presentation and price accuracy. You’ll provide exceptional guest service, customizing each experience and anticipating their needs.
At Target, we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Small Format Team Member can provide you with the:
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building a guest first culture across the store
- Experience in retail business fundamentals including: department sales trends, pricing and promotion strategies, inventory management, process efficiency and improvement
- Experience supporting daily/weekly workload to support business priorities and deliver on sales goals
As a Small Format Team Member, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
- Create a welcoming experience by authentically greeting all guests
- Observe to quickly understand whether a guest needs assistance or wants to interact. Follow body language and verbal cues to tailor your approach.
- Engage with guests in a genuine way, which includes asking questions to better understand their specific needs.
- Be knowledgeable about the tools, products, and services available in the total store, and specific to your area, to solve issues for the guest and improve their experience.
- Thank the guest in a genuine way and let them know we’re happy they chose to shop at Target.
- Help guests as you complete workload with minimal guest disruption
- Work in all departments to ensure sales floor is full, zoned and in stock for guests
- Push and stock product to sales floor
- Execute adjacency changes, transitions, revisions and sales plans for all departments
- Conduct weekly price change workload and ensure regular and promotional signing is set accurately for all departments
- Complete scans and system audit functions to ensure inventory accuracy
- Support execution of major transitions and ISM
- Support guest services with cashiering, order pick up (OPU) and Drive up (DU), where applicable
- Maintain interior and exterior brand, including emptying garbage cans and attending to restroom cleanliness, collecting carts, charging electronic carts, RVM maintenance (if applicable) and attending to spills throughout the store as needed.
- Accurately execute all pulls (i.e., daily autofills, CAFs, out of stock, manuals and guest requests) and backstock product from all departments
- Process all inbound deliveries (using the receive application) to ensure inventory accuracy
- Complete all backroom daily and weekly audits
- Operate power equipment only if certified
- Maintain backroom organization and location accuracy and follow equipment guidelines
- Follow processes accurately with attention to detail, monitor own progress and accurately prioritize tasks
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance
- All other duties based on business needs
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
- Stocking, Setting and Selling Target products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do
- You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Small Format Team Member. But, there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Work both independently and with a team
- Resolve guest questions quickly on the spot
- Attention to detail and follow a multi-step process
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Accurately handle cash register operations
- Climb up and down ladders
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture