Human Resource Team LeaderApply Now Job ID: R0000059094 schedule: Variable Location: 4300 Veterans Memorial Dr, Batavia, New York, United States, 14020-1258;
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say, “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. You lead a team that provides partnership and commitment to all leaders and team members in maximizing the potential of the stores sales force to grow the business and enable a selling culture.
ALL ABOUT HUMAN RESOURCES
You are a team that champions change, proactively removes roadblocks and builds diverse and inclusive talent strategies to deliver on our guest centric mission. You lead a team of HR Experts that are committed to supporting teams and leaders to build a sales force that is passionate about exceeding guests’ expectations and a place where teams love to work. As the Human Resources Team Leader, most of your time is spent with the team and guests on the salesfloor, understanding business priorities and seeing first-hand how you can continuously propel the business forward in support of growing sales.
At Target, we believe in our leaders having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Human Resources Team Leader can provide you with the:
• Skills in planning HR department daily/weekly workload to support HR business priorities
• Ability to read financial reporting and interpret data
• Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws
• Skills in recruiting and event organization
• Experience with Office Suite computer and workforce management programs
• Ability to use industry leading people and scheduling software
• Experience leading a team of hourly HR experts; including skills in interviewing, developing, coaching, evaluating and retaining talent
As a Human Resources Team Leader, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
• Understand sales goals, plan and execute daily/weekly workload to deliver on department and store sales goals and guest engagement.
• Champion a culture where teams love to work, and guests love to shop; recognize guest-centered behaviors and reward outstanding performance.
• Collaborate with leaders to build teams that are committed to continuous learning through ongoing observations and reinforcement of guest-centric and sales behaviors.
• Support the leadership team's capabilities in developing their teams based on career aspirations, individual skills and experiences and provide growth opportunities to retain talent.
• Take an active role in the development of leaders and help your peers be champions of a guest-centric culture.
• In partnership with the Store Director, develop the store scheduling strategy to grow the business and support leaders to create guest-centric schedules aligned to their traffic and business peaks.
• Lead an open-door culture where team members feel heard and issues are quickly resolved.
• In partnership with the Store Director, create the store staffing strategy and plan intentional recruiting efforts to help store leaders find, hire and onboard talent with the right skills and experiences for their team.
• Develop a team of HR Experts who serve the total store team by solving problems, removing roadblocks and engaging each team member in a way that connects them to Target’s purpose.
• Effectively plan and manage team operational and cyclical programs to maximize team member engagement and minimize business disruption.
• Establish clear goals and expectations and hold team members accountable to expectations.
• Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
• Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance; lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same way.
• Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
• All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
• Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
• Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
• Leading teams who are stocking, setting and selling Target product sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do
• You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (yes, even on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Human Resources Team Leader. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
• Previous experience using automated scheduling, time keeping and workforce management applications preferred, but not required
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis
• Lead and hold others accountable
• Learn and adapt to current technology needs
• Work independently and as part of a team
• Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
• Welcoming and helpful attitude
• Effective communication skills
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
• Access all areas of the building to respond to guest or team member issues
• Interpret instructions, reports and information
• Accurately handle cash register operations
• Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 15 pounds and occasionally lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
• Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture