Analyst Category Management - Target PlusApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000210980
job family: Business Development
schedule: Full time
JOIN THE EVOLUTION OF DIGITAL RETAIL – AS ANALYST CATEGORY MANAGEMENT TARGET PLUS:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right along with Target’s distinctive retail brand, we are constantly improving and innovating our digital shopping experience. Target Plus is one such strategic business initiative offering meaningful guest experiences in light of digital profitability. We are one-of-a-kind marketplace, carefully curated and built keeping in mind guests current and changing needs, along with tapping into futuristic market trends.
So, are you ready to excel in the fast-changing digital retail environment? Are you a customer focused enthusiast who’s curious about the Guest and can see the shopping journey through their eyes? Then you’ll have success on Merchandising team of Target’s exciting new Marketplace whose goal is to offer guests a seamless online shopping experience across our platforms—including Target.com and the store network’s fulfillment capabilities. Here, you’ll collaborate to create and implement the digital strategies that enrich the online experience through the right mix of personalization, simplicity and intuitiveness. Your ideas will support Target in complementing the beloved in-store shopping interaction with a convenient, reliable and instantly gratifying digital experience.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Category Analyst for Target+, you will support a business fueled by data and analytics to deliver merchandising, and marketing strategies to drive GMV & profit goals, grow market share and guest satisfaction for your category.
- You will work closely locally and globally across our Digital team:
- Global Category Management Team – To maintain a productive assortment, accurately forecast sales, plan inventory and drive promotions
- The Enterprise Item Team – to understand and influence Item Data Performance and Item Productivity
- Site Experience Team – To understand Guest traffic, experience and conversion
- Partner Acquisition Team – To identify suitable partners and brands to onboard to fill assortment white space
- Digital Support & Performance Team - To understand returns and order defects to drive an elevated Guest experience and improve operational productivity and business profitability.
- You will partner with the Pricing & Promotion Captains to ensure we deliver the best everyday pricing to our guest and inspire them during routine shopping trips as well as during key seasonal moments and events.
- You will assist with seller communication to help drive action and alignment.
With most agile organizations, job responsibilities may change/ evolve at any time based on business needs.
- 3/4 year degree, B.S., B.A., B.Com, B.B.A.; Advanced Degree/ MBA Preferred
- 3+ years of experience in merchandising operations or inventory management, product selection and pricing (including managing and maintaining an open-to-buy and developing strong business relationships with sellers/vendors and industry leaders).
- 2+ years supporting an ecommerce business, with specific experience related to marketing, site experience and optimization preferred
- Fluency in using Microsoft office tools; Strong Excel Skills Required;
- Strong analytical, forecasting, problem solving, decision-making and detail orientation
- Ability to manage large sets and interpret data
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with strong planning and organizational skills
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture