This position is responsible for working with Target commercial vendors with high debt risk or delinquent balances on ledger. Work with vendors to secure outstanding debit charged by Target and maintain good business relationship. This includes timely email & telephone conversation with vendors to determine the reason for the past due payment and work with internal teams, senior management and buyers in India and US to ensure collection deliverables are meeting business expectations. Work with the team & share guidance/expertise with collection analysts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collection – Collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries, Providing timely statement of account to delinquent vendors, resolving outstanding payment disputes, negotiating with past due accounts, maintaining records and referring accounts to collection agencies. Work with internal teams & buyers to address these disputes. Ensure accuracy of all customer account data, billing addresses and payment remit to locations. Perform credit reviews of new and existing customers to determine their credit worthiness and recommend deactivation of the vendor accounts as required. Serve as a backup for C&C Manager, as needed
- Internal and External Partnerships - Develop and enhance partnerships with Target Commercial Vendors, Internal upstream/downstream operations team, Buyers, Merchant Analysts, and regional Target sourcing teams. This also includes working as an intermediary between vendors and internal teams on dispute resolution.
- Best-Practices- Demonstrates the right judgment that is within authority to accomplish the goals. Identifies and implements process improvements and ensures best practices are continually utilized by the team.
- Special Projects – Leverage past expertise, Identify and work on areas of improvement in collection process, Coordinates and/or participates in special projects as directed by management
Reports to the L5 Manager. Works closely with Internal Accounts Payable, Cash Application, Finance accounting and US partners, etc. Provide support to internal and external clients, namely Finance-Ops and team members.
- College degree.
- 5 - 6 + years of Accounts Receivable / Collections experience
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to accomplish goals and tasks in a fast paced environment
- Makes independent decisions, including follow-up on payment commitments made by vendors
- Makes recommendations to Management/Buyers on agreements relating to necessary repayment schedules
- Systematic documentation of all daily collection activities is required.
- Strong systems aptitude and Detail Oriented
- Ability to motivate and mentor team members.
- Ability to work independently and maintain high level of initiative.
- Excellent partnership and interpersonal skills.
- Work load planning and allocation
- Willing to work in flexible shifts
- Ability to meet/ exceed all the metrics requirement
- Previous B2B / commercial collections experience
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication skills
- Experience in Retail business
- Preferred experience in Transition
- Understanding of business cycles and fundamentals of accounting concepts.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture