Analyst Merchandise Payable
Responsible for Invoice reconciliation and dispute resolution to ensure timely and accurate vendor payments for all merchandise vendors. Constantly monitor & fix re-occurring processing problems & Establish and maintain positive working relationships with key business partners. Plays a key role in mentoring & supporting new TMs in addition to the deliverables in volume management for the entire merchandise payables team. Also initiate/lead projects that has cross functional impact.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Invoice Reconciliation & Vendor Dispute Resolution
- Ensure timely & accurate Vendor payments.
- Responsible to provide extraordinary service to vendors by ensuring prompt & accurate dispute resolutions.
- Analyze & resolve reconciliation issues as per the processing guidelines and documentations.
- Responsible to meet & exceed the accuracy and productivity goals.
- Identifies opportunities to improve payment/dispute process & bring efficiency
- Responsible to identify and fix the upstream & downstream issues which cause recurring processing problems.
- Responsible to collaborate with the Manager/Sr. Manager, plan, forecast & execute daily/weekly workload management to ensure that the set goals are met on productivity, accuracy & team deliverables.
- Provide constructive inputs on accuracy & productivity challenges for team or team Members
- Initiate, drive & execute special projects which adds value & improves efficiency.
- Lead cross functional projects across finance
Audit & Controls
- Adhere to the internal control standards and SOX compliance requirements.
- Plays a key role in executing internal controls & ensure deficiencies are addressed proactively.
- Highlight and fix any gaps in internal control process.
- Responsible to maintain excellent level of written & verbal communication with supervisor, team, partners & other stake holders.
- Share valuable inputs on procedural changes, process updates and important information to team members.
- Proactive in developing partnerships with various teams, partners & other stake holders which can potentially result in benefits to the current job responsibilities.
- Constantly analyze data, volume, trends to help team & leadership take right decisions and formulate effective operational plans.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture