Analyst Reconciliation-2Apply Now Job ID: R0000058681 schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Responsible for reconciling, reviewing and resolving issues for all accounting transactions related to Balancesheet GL account for Target. To build effective control environment and governance mechanism for account reconciliation pyramid.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare Analyze, Research and Resolve High complex accounts as assigned.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of necessary journal entries.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of account reconciliations.
- Identify, analyze and resolve reconciling items as per Account reconciliation guidelines.
- Analyze account balances and activity for accuracy. Also ensure ‘zero’ aging beyond 60 days and adherence to SOX guidelines
- Responsible for maintaining, analyzing and reporting of all metrics to internal, external senior management.
- Responsible for ensuring 100% accuracy within account reconciliations by reviewing GL accounts.
- Proactively identify reconciliation risks and communicate the same to the management to implement corrective controls.
- Conduct and evaluate training for new and existing team members on all pyramid reconciliations and other training initiatives.
- Share and implement best practices followed across Finance Operations on training partnership, documentation, training methodology.
- Maintain good working knowledge of all the processes handled by the account reconciliation team and complex task.
- Identify various process improvement ideas that will help the team improving the overall process.
- Driving back up creation for self and every TM.
- Report the open item status and ensure timely and accurate closure of month end activities.
- Drive continuous improvement by seeking, promoting, and implementing more effective processes and systems.
- Responsible for maintaining and reviewing documentation for the respective accounts reconciled.
- Ensure to have clear and concise communication be it written or verbal with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure collaboration with all stake-holders to ensure seamless experience.
- Ensure that the team meets service level agreements (SLAs) with partner expectations on timeliness
- Able to work in both team and individual environment
- Should be able to prioritize work and multi-tasking.
- Responsible for ensuring up to date knowledge on accounting principles relating to retail industry.
- Responsible for any special projects & quality improvement initiatives assigned by the partners or management.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles
- Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Accounting/CA/Other Accounting certifications.
- Four to five years accounting experience, 3+ years of these in reconciliations
- Working knowledge of internal controls, SOX and US GAAP.
- Hands on experience on any ERP like SAP, Oracle etc.
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of legal regulations regarding payroll accounting issues.
- Being self-starter and work independently under minimal supervision
- Proficiency and accuracy with numbers
- High degree of professionalism, self-motivation, and initiative
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, while meeting strict deadlines and managing pressure.
- Project planning and multi-tasking skills
- Strong PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft application and any ERP package.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to make bold decisions which are accurate and timely
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including Presentation skills
- Strict adherence to confidentiality guidelines
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture