Art Director Design-3Apply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000210488
job family: Graphic Design
schedule: Full time
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers. Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel, and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Target Creative’s Brand Design Lab is the in-house creative team dedicated to bringing one of the world’s most beloved and recognizable owned brands to life. Our mission is to inspire a sense of joy, wonder and excitement, and to take our guests—and ourselves—somewhere new. We tell a compelling and cohesive brand story. Some of the brands we have built are Good & Gather, Favorite Day, Ever Spring, Hearth & Hand, Cat & Jack, Goodfellow & Co. Operating as one fully integrated team in both the U.S. and India, the team comprises the best and brightest talent to execute market-leading creative strategy, packaging design & brand building. We are proud to say that we have not just one or two, but eleven brands with sales above a billion dollars each. Our owned brands have grown by 18% YOY and contributed to USD 30 billion in sales last year.
About this Opportunity
As an Art Director, you will design world-class creative, for Target’s owned brands portfolio, create Brand Identities and bring Packaging Designs to life, across multiple categories. You will explore and conceptualize design solutions in conjunction with Senior Designer to produce high-quality work. You will be a motivated designer and strategic systems thinker who can operate in ambiguity on multiple projects. You will need to demonstrate excellent graphic design and typography skills with photo art direction experience and expert knowledge of design tools. In this role, you should be highly creative and have a sharp eye for details. You will execute various projects by designing and also check the print production details. You will create presentations and present to various partners. Critical to the role is staying current with the latest style, graphic, industry, and technology trends and demonstrate application to projects. Creatively—you’ll create work that celebrates, resonates, and helps build and maintain meaningful connections with our guest. You’ll represent Target’s brand (voice and culture) to infuse the work with an unmistakable Target approach, seamlessly integrating a multicultural lens. You understand cultural trends and think strategically about how to show up for different audiences.
If you’re passionate about design and eager to learn more, we’d like to meet you. We will support you along the way with onboarding, as well as personal and career development, to help you grow as a strong Art Director.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Having a developed sense of design, a strong understanding of Brand Building, Packaging Design, and Design systems. Excellent attention to detail and brand consistency. Understanding /awareness of the global culture. Keeps abreast of current design trends
- Collaborate with Design teams in Target HQ to understand business requirements and translate them into design solutions that serve the needs of our guests
- Ability to contribute individually and work well within a team. Assist the senior designers in creating design solutions.
- Excellent ability to communicate design thinking and effective presentation skills
- Organize and plan details for multiple projects and make timely and quick decisions to meet project deadlines
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production. Having strong printing & prepress knowledge
- Maintains and organizes files and project materials.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and able to work independently as well as follow creative direction
- Show passion, optimism and drive and be able to move forward in an ambiguous environment
- Passionate and excited about design. Excellence in typography, color and visual
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards. The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- Having a worldview & global exposure
- Capable of working within a fast-paced work environment and work on multiple projects at one time
Preferred Experience & Educational Profile
- Minimum 3 years’ design experience in a branding/design agency
- Design degree or equivalent
- Strong Creative Portfolio demonstrating breadth of type, design, and photo art direction, particularly in branding & packaging design
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in all key creative software programs - InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture