Art Director DigitalApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000197200
job family: Digital Marketing
schedule: Full time
About this Opportunity
Target is an iconic, beloved, and well-recognized brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative, and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies, and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive, and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
We are a creative unit dedicated to bringing one of the world’s most beloved and recognizable brands to life. Whether through design, marketing, or brand work, we are the driving force behind delivering Target’s dynamic, inventive and unmistakable storytelling to its massive global audience. Our mission is to inspire a sense of joy, wonder and excitement, and to take our guests—and ourselves—somewhere new. Never resting on past wins or settling for anything less than extraordinary, our origin story built us to thrive in the competitive and changing retail marketplace. We tell a compelling and cohesive brand story, maximizing our messages across multiple platforms—whether via a digital art gallery or a new $1 billion children’s clothing brand. Operating as one fully integrated team in both Bengaluru and the U.S., we comprise of the best and brightest talent to execute market-leading creative strategy, design, writing, video production, operations, digital, UX, social media and more. We leverage smart and rewarding external partnerships while closely aligning with our Target teams. Together, we tackle every creative challenge with our amplified strengths, ultimately bearing the groundbreaking creative work that helps make Target the decisive guest favorite, year after year.
As an Art Director, you will work with a team of Sr. Art Directors, Art Directors and Production designers to drive the creative vision. Your role will encompass different facets per project from concepting creative solutions through execution of approved concepts in ways that challenge conventional thinking to meet and exceed business and marketing objectives. You will deliver on business goals and objectives and advocate for empathy with your passion to understand guest needs and journeys. You will be a part of the Creative team and play a key role in creative conceptualization and execution. You'll partner with teams in Bengaluru and Minneapolis to deliver on our Expect More. Pay Less. Brand promise.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Create and produce marketing content that helps us engage in a dialogue with Target guests
- Be a thought and execution and can closely work with and drive the team towards superior creative execution
- Manage development of the creative, from concept to execution by being able to understand the business context and applying design skills to solve the specific Marketing communication goals
- Identifying, researching, analyzing, and managing risks and interdependencies within projects/systems/resource changes and formulates appropriate plans
- Be a go-getter who should be able to operate independently without the need of too much guidance
- Takes initiative to lead and assist with special projects which could either be self-identified or assigned
- Assists in solving challenges & delivering innovative new experiences with internal & external partners
- Link the gap between technology and design by providing technical guidance during the process of design
- Applying problem solving skills and thinking critically to create opportunities for innovation
- Strong interpersonal skills & demonstrate thought leadership qualities
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent educational qualification
- 4-year college degree and/or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong creative portfolio demonstrating breadth of digital capabilities, with a focus on design and art direction
- Expert knowledge of standard design software (Adobe tools, Mac platform, etc.)
- Strong conceptual skills and expertise in typography and use of photo assets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Think strategically, critically, and creatively
- Action oriented with ability to prioritize and drive results
- Desire and ability to learn quickly – self-starting, highly motivated, fast working
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture