Communications AssociateApply Now Job ID: R0000113989 job family: Communications schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
About this Opportunity
Help Target in India foster a culture where team members feel valued and rewarded. Position Target in India as the best GCC in the country which encompasses a highly skilled workforce that is diverse & inclusive and is doing industry leading work in the retail sector.
As a Lead Specialist Communications, you will:
- Collaborate with key partners such as Marketing, and work along side pyramid leaders to gather story ideas and develop content for campaigns.
- Provide day-to-day support on all editorial needs.
- Support leadership with speechwriting and coaching.
- Build strategic plans for pyramids that align with the overall Target in India strategy
- Execute communication plans to support Target in India’s initiatives, events and rollouts.
- Partner with marketing on branding requirements for Target in India’s social media platforms.
- Provide communications support and counsel to cross-functional initiatives like community relations, D&I, innovation, Accelerator, employment branding, etc.
- Support and maintain companywide editorial calendar for pubslishing through internal channels.
- Make effective use of available communication vehicles and offer constructive suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Organize and support enterprise wide events.
- Be a liaison between Target in India, PR agencies and other vendors to support the execution of various initiatives.
- Work closely with the hiring team to support their branding needs for external events and campaigns such as meetups etc.
- Own and publish the company newsletter.
- Minimum of 6+ years experience in the communications field.
- Bachelor's degree with a Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Advertising, English or Public Relations.
- Prior Advertising/PR agency experience preffered
- Prior experience in writing on technology will be a plus. Technical writers with a flair for writing features are welcome to apply.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to anticipate needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Drive communications strategy for team members to connect with the Target brand in India
- Ability to work independently and with limited day-to-day direction
- Strong interpersonal skills; proven ability to develop relationships
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while working on key projects
- Good project management skills and experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities independently while successfully delivering results within stipulated timelines.
Eligible team members will receive market competitive package including competitive pay, health, accidental and life insurance coverage, gratuity and provident fund, training and development and other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best - the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members' futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture