Compliance AnalystApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000301645
job family: Compliance
schedule: Full time
About This Opportunity
As a Compliance Analyst, Assist the Finance leadership and oversight of compliance within the Target India Corporate Finance team. Support Finance leadership for driving a culture of compliance within the Finance team and partnering with other stakeholders and business partners to ensure compliance with all applicable policies, best practices, laws and statutory regulations across the organization. develop framework for continuous evaluation of risks at Target India finance, and review the testing of IFCs under Companies Act and update policies / procedures periodically.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development of a framework for continuous evaluation of risks at Target India finance.
- Work with the legal and external teams towards implementation and compliance with new regulatory changes applicable for Target India Finance
- Monitor testing of Internal Financial Controls (IFCs) as defined under Companies Act 2013 related to Corporate Finance
- Assist projects within the finance teams to ensure that internal / external audit observations are addressed and necessary actions are taken within the committed timelines for the closure of the observations.
- Support STPI-SEZ staturoty compliance with day to day activities
- Manage GRC tool in Archer. Key tasks would include the review of compliance with the Finance; Treasury; Tax, HR – Payroll & STPI & SEZ compliance including and not limited to the following:
- Ensuring that withholding taxes are deposited as per the satutory timelines.
- Ensure compliance including but not limited to various Customs related Act, GST, MSME, Companies Act etc
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of the Foreign Exchange Management Act 2000.
- Partnering with the FAR team, HR and legal teams to ensure all Human Resources related statutes (e.g. Provident Fund; Gratuity; Payments of Bonus Act) etc. are complied with.
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures and support in physical verification of fixed assets
- Build and review RACI and support teams within Corporate Finance
- Assist team members in compliance with the Information Protection Policies and data management of the company.
- Prepare compliance dashboard for the leadership to provide and update on Operational and Compliance status
- Reports to Sr Manager Finance Compliance
- Works closely with the finance pyramid team members and other key clients
- College degree in accounting
- Preferably a Chartered Accountant / Company Secretary with 1-4 years of post-qualification work experience
- From industry or reputed auditing firms (preferably audit practice/ compliance).
- Preferably having knowledge of indirect taxation/ STPI & SEZ/ HR Laws knowledge / FEMA,
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in basic accounting systems
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture