Corporate Security ConsultantApply Now Job ID: R0000119885 job family: Security & Loss Prevention schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Job Title and Job Code: Consultant – Corporate Security Asia
Date: January 2021
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
To match the signature style and passion of Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of experts. Whether specializing in law, government affairs, employee relations, risk, compliance, ethics, security or food safety, we use our expertise and influence to advocate for Target, support Target’s business and mitigate risk for the company. We work with both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target’s ability to productively, ethically and securely conduct business. Through our understanding of Target’s business models and operations, we help facilitate Target’s growth, and provide guidance that leaders rely on to make appropriate, well-informed decisions. Simultaneously, we help protect the business by applying our comprehensive understanding of risk and the law on issues that impact our brand, guests, team members and corporate locations.
A role within Corporate Security Asia means working with a team dedicated to protecting the Target team, guests, property, and brand. You will use our comprehensive understanding and management of evolving security risks to protect our Target community throughout the world. You may support Target's Crisis and Threat Management, Preparedness and Continuity, Forensics, Intelligence, Physical Security and Safety, Executive Services, or Operations teams.
As a Consultant on the Corporate Security & Safety team, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities. You’ll be responsible for leveraging Target’s policies and procedures to coordinate and direct daily intelligence-led security operations that secure Target’s team members, facilities, partners, guests, communities, and reputation. You will be managing day to day Security Operations for TII designated locations. You’ll be involved in the ensuring safety and security of TII people, product and properties, hiring third party security staff, training, coaching, supervision and scheduling of security staff; as well as maintaining accountability with contract guard services. Works closely with key business partners: Facilities, HR, Finance, Building Services, Property Development and CSS-HQ. Maintain report metrics through collecting data from different resources. Manages the Level access control and CCTV systems for multiple locations. Addresses system problems (both software and hardware) when malfunction occurs. Acts as the first call for help if the doors, readers or security equipment are not working properly. With this role you’ll respond appropriately, when necessary, to direct Corporate Security & Safety responses to incidents, investigations, events, and concerns occurring on property. As a point of contact, you’ll serve as resource to leaders, team members, partners, guests, and external agencies to communicate your subject matter expertise. You’ll also support your Sr. Manager and various partners in monitoring progress & execution of strategic plans and projects to advance our goal to minimize risk at Target.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education/certification.
- Four to six years of relevant work experience within physical security, crisis management, or team leadership.
- Meet any state or local licensure and/or other legal requirements related to the position.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Above average computer hardware and software knowledge.
- Ability to interact in a friendly, emphatic, and professional manner.
- Detail oriented with an ability to prioritize.
- Strong decision making ability during both crisis and non-crisis situations.
- Ability to multi-task and use various resources to proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Trustworthy to work with highly confidential information.
- Provide life-saving actions, including CPR and other first aid.
- Flexibility to work a set schedule and adjust as business needs dictate, with regular attendance and on-call capability necessary.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture