Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Properties – Store Design: (Architecture, Store Planning, Engineering):
Target’s distinctive brand love is infused throughout its many physical locations by the Properties teams. We have a direct and positive impact on the real estate, design, construction and maintenance of our stores, distribution centers and headquarters. Are you ready to help strategically grow Target’s brand through leading-edge design, development, construction and preservation? Can you effectively balance the efficiencies of a large-design build company with the unique challenges and innovative solutions required by individual sites? Then take your place on one of our Properties teams, and help us make the most of Target’s physical assets, both in the U.S. and overseas.
A role in Store Design means the opportunity to apply your innovative and sustainable architectural design and technical expertise. Your work will help define the physical experience and evolve the brand image in stores and in support of Target business strategies. You’ll interpret program and scope details to integrate them with the site design and aesthetic, including new stores inside and out, exteriors and interiors, small flex formats, remodels and innovation projects.
· Leads the maintenance & development of multiple Store Planning drawing files & documents through the Design Development phases, especially complex projects
· Collaborates with business partners across the board to ensure that drawings/layouts/documents, follow Target guidelines & standards, are processed and is responsible for the deliverables with desired quality within agreed timeframe
· Takes on complex projects, quality assurance, guideline updates and project specific training
· Takes on Subject Matter Expert [SME] responsibility. Leads 2 or 3 work efforts or special projects while working on multiple projects
· Leads processes & projects
· May lead process/program teams
· May be required to develop, train, coach team members
· May be required to assist on skill assessment and program management
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Requires limited direction
· Excellent understanding of company’s strategic direction
· Excellent ability to communicate and advocate company’s strategic direction
· Excellent ability to think creatively and strategically
· Excellent ability to train, coach and mentor; team focused
· Excellent ability to lead cross-pyramid teams
· Demonstrates ability to positively influence others
· Excellent ability to interpret senior management strategic direction
· Excellent ability to present issues to executive management
· Outstanding planning, design, presentation and project management skills in all programs; demonstrates a strong design point of view
- About you:
- Degree in Architecture/Interior Design/Engineering with 4-8 years of relevant work experience
- Diploma in Architecture/Interior Design/Engineering with 4-8 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent planning, design, presentation and project management skills
- Excellent analytical skills in relation to total store space allocation & planning.
- Ability to positively mentor other planners through design solutions and project management.
- Ability to positively influence others and build consensus with large groups; strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work well with others and contribute to a positive environment.
- Highly motivated and committed to the development of high-quality work and personal productivity; excellent ability to coordinate multiple projects, develop and implement schedules and prioritize workload, desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging and constantly changing environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Auto CAD/Microstation.
- Fluency in spoken and written English; competency with the Imperial Measurement System.
- Able to travel internationally.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture