Director ComplianceApply Now Job ID: R0000131136 job family: Compliance schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Lead the development, implementation and on-going management of our Target in India compliance and vendor risk management programs. This leader is responsible for understanding our regulatory programme and leading our ethics program under the guidance of/ in partnership with the Global Ethics leader and implementing the common compliance management system to ensure we have sustainable and effective compliance programs. The role is also responsible for understanding Target in India Regulatory & Compliance risks / US regulatory risks and ensuring our India teams are in compliance with the US program and compliance initiatives. Role will engage with a wide range of senior leaders and teams in India and also the Risk & Compliance Leadership team in USA. Role will be required to engage both internally and externally, representing the Compliance and Ethics team in a variety of settings, including benchmarking and industry connects. Role must have strong communication and program management skills, and be comfortable with minimal direction and deliver in ambiguous settings.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading the team of experts (Vendor Risk Management, US Regulatory, India Regulatory, Monitoring , Investigation support, etc ) having knowledge and expertise on Compliance management with both India and US regulatory environment being in focus.
- Being solution oriented, Strategic Partnering with business and functional teams to support the business, analyse the existing risks, mitigate the same and keep compliance at the centre of risk mitigations.
- Introducing industry best practices to the various programs and helping the team induct the best practices & cross sharing with US counterparts.
- Initiate and sustain productive engagement and relationships with senior leaders (Sr. Director and above) responsible for execution of compliance across our international offices.
- Conducting comprehensive Risk assessment across functions and business from time to time in partnership with the Global Compliance team.
- Identify and create relevant training programs for the organization in collaboration with the US teams. Partnering with the Compliance Partners/Peers in US in order to make relevant & consistent programs and enhance the existing program to ensure the program & team alignment.
- Team training, growth planning and opportunities.
- Lead the implementation and on-going maintenance of the Vendor Risk Management program in Target in India.
- Lead compliance, vendor risk management governance committees and reporting for senior leaders.
- Maintain the comprehensive portfolio of international compliance risks by leading the annual comprehensive Compliance Risk Assessment across our international offices; including gathering, aggregating and translating information from sources across the business in partnership with the Global Compliance Team.
- Analyze compliance and ethics risks and external trends to provide prioritization of activities across Target in India.
- Consult and monitor the effectiveness of US compliance programs in Bangalore, understand capabilities and India support of US strategies as team grows and evolves.
- Provide local consultations and training on relevant US compliance requirements and act as a connector to compliance teams in US.
- Monitor controls for higher risk compliance programs locally; Prevention of Sexual Harassment, labor laws, and privacy and anti-bribery.
- Direct the documentation of compliance and ethics controls and policies in our; consistent with Target’s policy framework.
- Lead and gain team member and leader participation in training and awareness programs for both ethics and compliance.
- Conduct workshops with business leaders (Sr. Director and above), vendors, and supporting teams for Ethics.
- Lead the implementation of the Compliance Management System framework, including ensuring consistency and adoption in Target in India.
- Represent Target with regulators external industry groups
Reports to the Sr. Director & General Counsel- India Legal Affairs
Functional reporting to the Sr. Director Corporate Compliance.
- Prior experience of having worked in Corporate Compliance and having led team of Compliance experts
- Strong executive presence and comfort presenting information to large groups across multiple levels
- Action-oriented and able to operate in ambiguous environments with minimal direction around new areas of work (e.g. interdependencies)
- Strategic, ability to assess current state, develop a strategy and the tactics necessary to successfully implement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed oriented, strong accuracy and completeness
- BS/BA in a business related field
- Minimum of 10 -15 years directly related experience
- Experience with Governance Risk and Compliance tools
- Excellent team leadership skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Highly organized, ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to drive results across many organizations
- Ability to lead, drive and implement initiatives independently
- Ability to work with numerous partners and get result through others
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP and CCEP-I)
- Master's degree in a related field or JD degree
- Experience in retail or corporate environment working in matrixed operation
- Previous experience developing sustainable compliance programs
- International compliance program management experience
- US compliance program management experience
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture