Director Human Resources (7099)
Exempt, Level 7
Updated: May 2018
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Human Resources is well known for its signature ability to build the very best teams, and we infuse our work with Target’s distinctive retail brand by continuously experimenting, evolving and innovating. With the chance to positively impact nearly 350,000 people worldwide in our stores, distribution centers and headquarters, you’ll be a strategic partner to both the leaders and the team members who elevate and nurture the Target guest experience. Our dynamic, passionate and responsive team comprises specialized people-professionals from several diverse disciplines. We operate behind the scenes to create a progressive culture of value, respect, reward and professional advancement.
Working in the HR Generalist space, you will be a key strategic partner for leadership and a valuable resource for team members. Whether through onboarding, performance management or giving leaders and team members the guidance that they need to be successful, you will be a knowledgeable and committed resource. You’ll make a positive impact on how team members experience organizational change, and you’ll use information and close partnership with leaders to build the teams that achieve their specific business goals.
As a Human Resources Director, you’ll provide strategic counsel to the leaders and teams of the organization(s) you support, focused on linking the long term needs of the business to talent and organizational design strategies that enable business outcomes. Further, you’ll provide leadership and development to a team of HR business partners and specialists in support of business and HR goals. We’ll support you along the way with robust onboarding, as well as personal and career development, to help you grow. The exciting part of retail? It’s always changing!
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of business and/or HR experience
- Previous experience directly or indirectly leading a team
- Appreciation for confidentiality and ability to navigate sensitive and complex situations
- Effective critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate well with all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated skills and abilities in one or more of the following: organizational design, talent strategy development, workforce planning, driving and influencing change, leading projects across numerous teams and partners
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture