Director SPTApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000218117
job family: Merchandising Presentation
schedule: nullDirector SPT
JOIN US AS A DIRECTOR SPACE PRESENTATION & TRANSITIONS (SPT)
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best - the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members' futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $78 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. A role with Space, Presentation & Transitions (SPT) means you are on a mission to create better store space and experiences for our guest while maximizing sales. We are responsible for ensuring the right item is on the right shelf in the right store. We believe that making increasingly better space allocation and presentation decisions will increase sales, improve guest satisfaction and reduce out-of-stocks. Here, you will partner with and manage cross-functional project teams in Merchandising, Store Design, Marketing, Store Operations and Non-Retail Procurement from strategy to execution to achieve an inspiring and convenient in-store guest experience.
As a Director (SPT), you will lead, coach and develop a team of 70+ Team Members (including people leaders) in owning End-to-End Execution of Adjacencies and Planograms at TII. Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Lead teams to develop and drive timing and actions, lead their cross-functional team (CFT), and hold others accountable to key deadlines and quality expectations
- Actively participate in Divisional Merchandising Manager meeting to ensure strategies are implemented, and educate team members on the impact of their decisions.
- Lead planning & improvements for hiring, training, coaching, & recognition.
- Ensure that team members are highly motivated and performing to their full potential by:
- Providing insightful, motivating and constructive feedback to the team, helping them gain insights about themselves, their effectiveness and the organization.
- Help the team integrate their goals and capabilities with the organization’s emerging needs.
- Identify and attract key individuals with the critical capabilities needed by the organization.
- Define and develop clear roles, responsibilities and routines to ensure flawless execution of space and presentation
- Influence pyramid space and presentation strategies
- Establish and grow relationships with key decision-makers within the cross-functional team, both in Target in India and Minneapolis to drive strategic business initiatives.
- Drive cross pyramid collaboration to grow contextual knowledge, understand downstream impacts of the teams decisions and work outputs
- Develop and execute short term (12 months) and long term (24 months) strategies across operations to transfer, stabilize and scale new capabilities
- Work with product management leadership to influence the product roadmap
- Focus on financials, improve effectiveness of the team by introducing new systems and procedures and or improving existing processes.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 14+ years of overall experience, preferably at least some in brick and mortar retail especially in Inventory, merchandizing planning, space and presentation and other related areas
- Strong team leadership (5 years minimum), ability to be a leader of leaders
- Ability to engage and inspire others, co-create organizational roadmaps
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Excellent planning, organizational, and data-driven decision making skills
- Ability to influence and ideate thoughts with global senior leadership across pyramid teams
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal as well as written
- Experience working with Product Managers in solving complex business problems
- Responsive and resilient to changes in a dynamic competitive retail environment
- Ability to demonstrate courage, think critically, and drive for results
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture