eMIP- Sr Engineering ManagerApply Now Job ID: R0000078169 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
As an Engineering Manager in our eMIP, you will be in Target’s exclusive 12-month on-the-job training program focused on the leadership of engineering teams.
You will receive a mentor, an individualized curation of training, and an advisory board to help connect you at Target during and after the program. Up to 50% of your week will be devoted to hands-on learning and development while working in a Lead Engineer role. After the 12-month program, the goal is for you to be ready to be considered for a Sr. Engineering Manager role within one of Target’s Technology teams.
This program is aligned with Target's commitment to diversity and to building diverse teams. To help accomplish those goals, the on-the-job training program will focus on groups that are under-represented in the engineering industry. We are looking for driven, motivated, female engineering professionals for our Sep 2020 Cohort, starting at Target between now and July.
Please apply directly to the requisition and further application instructions will be emailed to
you. This program is open to qualified female candidates for the eMIP cohort. By submitting this application, you confirm that you self-identify as female.
• Experience with software development or infrastructure cloud engineering within the modern technology stack. Experience with at least 8+ years
• Strong technical aptitude – Java/J2EE, Python, Golang, Spring Boot, Kotlin and other open-source web frameworks
• Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, databases, operating systems, etc
• Good Experience in coding best practices in including unit test case code coverage and Performance testing.
• Good to have experienced in microservice Architecture with a strong understanding of disturbed systems design.
• Hands of experience in object-oriented Design and principles (SOLID Principles)
• Very strong communication, ability to read, understand, fix, and document code written by other engineers. Experience in any of the database. (RDBMS, NO SQL Stores like Cassandra, HBase etc)
• Experience taking the lead in a development/engineering team. Desire to move into a formal engineering management role while remaining hands-on and close to technology.
• Agile Mindset (ability to adapt/change direction vs. 2yr plan) and understanding of concepts
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture