Inventory Analyst - SKills: Python / R / SQLApply Now Job ID: R0000061183 schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and the second-largest retailer in the United States.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Inventory Management means applying your specialized and well-informed point of view to what we buy, from whom, how much, and where it needs to go from there. You’ll use the right combination of data and expertise to achieve the best possible product availability through proper inventory positioning.
This role requires a person with excellent analytical / technical abilities, the desire and love of learning, and interest in Targets operations and logistics functions. We are looking for someone who has a deep commitment to collaboration and a proclivity to invent, interested in solving complex business problems. You should have some programming experience in an open source language (preferably R or Python), and a real interest to build and hone these skills – we are willing to teach supply chain and Inventory management while the candidate compliments the team with strong Techical, Analytical and problem solving skills. The candidate must be a quick leaner and comfortable with ambiguity to work in our fast-paced ever-changing environment. This is a techno-fuctional role eventually setting the candidate up as a supply chain expert in his / her career journey.
- 2+ years of Proficiency in SQL/HQL and working on large datasets in Hadoop/ Teradata
- Exposure to Reporting tools is a strong add-on (e.g. Domo, Tableau)
- 1 + years of experience of working on any open source programming language (R or Python)
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel/ VBA
- Performs statistical analysis to advise on business decisions.
- Gathers required data and performs data analysis to support business need.
- Evaluates, processes, analyzes, and interprets statistical data
- Strong understanding of statistical concepts and modeling
- Develops, and delivers analytical solutions, resulting in decision support or models.
- Under guidance, conducts analysis and benefits/risk assessment to estimate outcomes and validate analysis.
- Communicates to share knowledge and findings
- Presents results in a manner that the business partners can understand
- Should be a good team player
- Should be able to demonstrate learning ability
- Ability to follow through with ideas and deliver on commitments
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture