Lead 3D Technical ArtistApply Now Job ID: R0000137544 job family: Technical Design schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
As a Lead 3D Technical Artist, you will play a critical role owning or leading the development of 3D capabilities in Owned Brand Product Design and Development. You will lead or participate in assignments within across a business or division focused on the modernization of product design and development process and enabling 3D adoption within product design and development teams and with external business partners. You will be self-directed; practice complex problem solving and use your independent judgement to deliver expected project outcomes that support 3D and product design and development strategies. Manage teams or team members in collaboration with product design and development teams to build and visualize reusable assets in 3D, including modeling, model rigging, texturing, UV mapping, lighting, rendering and compositing. Support development and testing of the 3D workflow and pipeline. Leverage your advanced 3D proficiency to take on complex problems, explore, develop innovative solutions and test emerging technology that make that make 3D easy for product designers and developers. Collaborate with software development team to develop and test solutions at scale. Lead the Development and maintenance of 3D standards, assessments. Assess 3D assets and provide technical feedback to internal design teams and business partners. Expand your impact by developing and delivering relevant learning experiences for specific applications of 3D standards, tools and/ or software.
- 4 year CGI, 3D, design related degree or equivalent education and/ or experience
- 6-12 years of experience, in a broad range of 3D work and roles
- Demonstrated expertise working in 3D visualization including hard and soft product and scene building.
- Significant experience in developing and maintaining 3D asset workflows and/ or pipelines
- 3D Expertise/ experience with a variety of 3D modeling and visualization software that may include: 3DS Max, Maya, Vray, Optitex, Browzwear, Clo3D, Zbrush, Substance Painter/Designer, Solid Works, Rhino, Keyshot, Unreal, Blender
- Deep understanding of the technology and techniques relevant to the department disciplines (digital workflows, simulation, physics, shading, rendering technologies).
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining 3D asset workflows and pipelines
- Familiarity with Physically Based Rendering (PBR) material creation in Substance Painter/Designer, Alchemist and Vizoo.
- Proficient at scripting to automate tasks and solve technical problems, and/ or ability to solve problems through the innovative application of software applications
- 2D Expertise/ experience with a variety of 2D design software: Photoshop, Illustrator Indesign, After Effects
- Deep understanding of procedural workflow (Shader, Model, Animation, Effects)
- Experience leading project teams; training and developing individuals; ability to influence without authority
- Ability to foster positive, collaborative relationships
- Clear concise written and verbal communication with business teams, vendors, internal partners and VP level leaders
- Demonstrate a growth mindset; are resilient and adaptable;
- Demonstrated experience leading projects and application of project management tools; and, ability to work in a fast-paced, calendar driven environment
Summary: Lead or own the development of 3D product design and development capabilities. Collaborate with and/ or lead product design and development teams to build and visualize reusable 3D assets. Develop, apply and maintain 3D standards, assessments, workflows and pipeline. Identify and solve complex problems, that make 3D easy for product designers and developers. Train and develop team members and business partners.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture