Lead AI EngineerApply Now Job ID: R0000037128 Date posted: 08/13/2019 schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Our AI Engineering team enables insight discovery from large amounts of data and its presentation in a human-friendly and understandable way.
The problem space we work on encompasses e-commerce search and ranking, discovering insights into big data lakes, query and general text understanding, business-domain chat bots, as well as other NLP tasks.
The search project presents a guest with the highly relevant products from Target’s several million inventory based on the guest’s query expressed in English language. Solr, elastic search and deep learning models power our search technology.
The insight discovery project helps understanding business phenomena using differential analysis of large data sets with colossal number of features. The insight discovery is enabled by high-speed algorithms for approximate traversal of a large feature lattice implemented using C++ and RocksDB. T
The business-domain chatbot answers questions formulated in English language, e.g. , "Can you tell me last week sales?" , based on the data available in the numerous database tables. The technology behind it involves complex algorithms for translation English into SQL queries.
Our team possesses a combination of deep expertise in machine learning approaches to data and text analysis as well as engineering techniques for their implementation, deployment, and maintenance in production.
In a nutshell, we provide immediate, informed, relevant, personalized access and insights from data
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
You will be required to:
- Understand how to build scalable, real time, Big Data systems
- Have developed and been a key influential member in a fully delivered data product
- Lead the architecture and design of several modules related to the backend of a search system, a real time relevance engine, a system that computes ranking functions on the data on the fly, etc.
- Be a hands-on developer and lead by example as a programmer
- Provide guidance and contribute to coding standards
- Provide leadership in agile sprints, CI/CD and the DevOps efforts
- Bachelors or Masters in computer science or related areas with Excellent Communication skills with 8+ years of experience developing cutting edge tech solutions
- Deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Proficient in Linux or related unix systems
- Expert in one or more of C++, Java and Python. Exposure to modern programming languages such as Scala, Rust and Go a huge plus
- Experience building and deploying large scale distributed data systems
- Has been involved in designing, tuning and maintaining production systems
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture