Lead AI EngineerApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000211670
job family: Artificial Intelligence
schedule: Full time
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel, and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Every time a guest enters a Target store or browses Target.com, they experience the impact of Target’s investments in technology and innovation. We’re the technologists behind one of the most loved retail brands, delivering joy to millions of our guests, team members, and communities.
Join our global in-house technology team of more than 4,000 engineers, data scientists, architects, coaches, and product managers striving to make Target the most convenient, safe, and joyful place to shop. We use agile practices and leverage open-source software to adapt and build best-in-class technology for our team members and guests—and we do so with a focus on diversity and inclusion, experimentation, and continuous learning.
This role is with Target’s Search team which uses AI to power search on target.com. The Search team builds the core relevance engine and products that power Target’s digital experience. As a Lead AI Engineer, you will work with business partners to provide solutions for business problems in a fast-paced environment. You’ll have the opportunity to design quality, flexible and performant AI systems and services. You’ll architect AI solutions that capture, process, and mine large datasets in the retail industry. You will utilize cutting-edge machine learning algorithms and NLP techniques to improve our mobile and web search systems.
- Develop and deploy scalable deep learning models to improve the search experience of Target guests
- Architect and implement large-scale AI systems using test-driven development practices
- Build NLP technology for query and document analysis, processing, and understanding
- Create data pipelines for feature/label extraction and generation
- Conduct data analysis to identify opportunities and improve models
- Conduct research to advance the state-of-the-art machine learning and NLP technologies
- Contributing to the operations/building of AI pipelines
- Adopting Target's infrastructural platforms and operationalize tools and systems around them
- Follow agile methodology for software development and technical documentation and lead DevOps for the team
- Ensure foundational programming principles in developing code (best practices, writes unit tests, code organization, basics of CI/CD etc.) are followed in developing the team’s products/models
- Mentor and partner with other engineers to develop software that meets business needs
- Innovate constantly and keep systems up to date with current technologies
- MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- Research or industrial experiences in relevant fields, such as information retrieval, machine learning, NLP, or recommendation systems
- 3+ years of experience in deploying machine learning algorithms into production environments
- Proficient in Python or Java with Strong coding and problem-solving skills
- Solid modeling skills in Python
- Good understanding of search indexing, retrieval, and ranking
- Extensive experience in implementing and integrating ML models in production with high traffic
- Experience querying large databases with SQL, HQL, or some variations
- Experience with Solr is a plus
- Proven track record of achieving significant engineering or academic results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with global teams
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture