Lead Compliance ConsultantApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000298047
job family: Compliance
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
To match the signature style and passion of Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of experts. Whether specializing in law, government affairs, employee relations, risk, compliance, ethics, security or food safety, we use our expertise and influence to advocate for Target, support Target’s business and mitigate risk for the company. We work with both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target’s ability to productively, ethically and securely conduct business. Through our understanding of Target’s business models and operations, we help facilitate Target’s growth, and provide guidance that leaders rely on to make appropriate, well-informed decisions. Simultaneously, we help protect the business by applying our comprehensive understanding of risk and the law on issues that impact our brand, guests, team members, stores, distribution centers and corporate locations.
Here, you’ll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business, collaborating with others and building relationships with senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be essential to tackling the ever-changing legal and risk-based challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail environment.
A role in Corporate Compliance and Ethics means providing support and managing key compliance areas for Target including stores, distribution centers and at headquarters.
As the Lead Compliance Consultant at Target, you will lead the development and implementation of compliance programs for Privacy across the company.
- Conduct privacy risk reviews and provide privacy requirements for assigned business area.
- Act as a risk advisor to business leaders to arm them with the information they need to make informed decisions on personal information collection, use, and sharing.
- Develop program documentation, conduct risk analysis against requirements, identify controls and gaps, and evaluate evidence, monitoring and reporting.
- Support enterprise privacy training and awareness initiatives
- Provide subject matter expertise for regulatory change management projects to implement fast emerging laws and industry best practices.
- Influence business partners to close compliance gaps, manage findings, and escalates risks to appropriate leaders
- Lead projects or work steams within projects, including delivering clear compliance requirements, documenting how requirements are met, validating controls, and supporting solution creation with the business.
- Provide subject matter expertise for processes in program areas, including understanding of key controls and processes to prioritize compliance needs with business partners.
- Identify program risks, assess data to understand underlying root causes, identify improvement opportunities, and metrics to monitor effectiveness.
- Facilitate meetings, build agendas, collaborate on issues and solutions with partners, manage conflict, and build consensus and trusted relationships with business partners.
- Identify process improvements and automation, striving for continuous improvement within program and business processes.
- Use data to identify trends and root cause issues.
- Support in developing dashboards and reporting for assigned compliance programs and work with business to capture data needed to understand and monitor performance.
- Effectively lead and drive organizational change and influence such change across business areas
- Establish and maintain key relationships within the Compliance & Risk organizations, with cross-functional leaders and privacy contacts, and with external business partners and vendors in order to stay informed of business changes and industry best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs
- Four year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional certification.
- 10+ years of experience within Privacy, Risk or other related Compliance functions, including specific exposure to privacy regulations.
- Understanding of compliance management systems and a strong ability to structure compliance programs according to maturity expectations including compliance documentation, identification and testing of key controls, and effective performance monitoring.
- Understanding of compliance program frameworks and ability to apply concepts to compliance domains and programs, including documenting compliance framework maturity and functional program maturity over time.
- Ability to adapt, prioritize and successfully manage multiple tasks or projects in response to changing, ambiguous or competing priorities. This includes the ability to plan, execute, monitor, and close projects to meet specific objectives and success measures.
- Ability to identify process problems, document end-to-end baseline processesand develop improvement plans through documented process maps.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to leverage data to influence decisions, identify risks and improvement opportunities, and distill complex issues into actionable plans based on root cause remediation.
- Ability to design effective controls (e.g. preventive, detective, corrective) within an operational process and ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Ability to facilitate meetings, resolve conflict, build consensus, establish rapport and collaborate effectively, internally and externally, across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to use or re-engineer a process in order to transition manual compliance controls or processes to automation.
- Ability to collect, assemble and manipulate data to draw conclusions, including use of data visualization tools effectively to monitor compliance performance.
- Ability to apply change principles and processes to effectively identify, manage, initiate, and influence adoption to change initiatives.
- Ability to apply discretion and sensitivity while working with confidential information.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture