Lead Engineer - Vision PlatformApply Now Job ID: R0000085994 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
About Vision computing platform – Our mission is to provide core capabilities in vision computing and machine learning. We want to enable unparalleled guest experience by deriving insights from structured data and unstructured content (videos, images and documents) using vision computing and machine learning platform and capabilities. The platform will provide end to end ubiquitous experience including acquiring, processing, analyzing and understanding content and extraction of high-dimensional data in order to produce numerical or symbolic information, e.g., in the form of decisions.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Lead Engineer, you'll take the lead as you
- Design and develop computer vision based services to handle the enterprise scale, lead implementation of ideas on complex problems.
- Partner with various in-house teams and vendors in designing and productizing algorithms and ML models across different type of infrastructure (datacenter, edge, far edge compute infrastructure)
- Implement complex technical problems in retail business setting.
- Keep abreast of industrial and academic research. mentor and train engineers.
- Follow strong engineering practices and methodology, including those for design, data quality, code, version control, defect/change request tracking, documentation, work product review, unit testing and environment management.
- Serves as a subject matter expert within the team.
- Curious to learn from the industry, follow emerging trends from established enterprises and startup ecosystem and continuously innovate and drive POCs/ POTs.
- Good verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Engineering degree in any stream
- Over 8 years of industry experience in building software application with minimum 5yrs of experience in building computer vision, NLP based products/solutions.
- Proficient in one or more of Python, C++, Java, Scala or equivalent programing languages. Fluency in machine/deep learning frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, pyTorch, scikit-learn, NLTK, OpenCV).
- Hands on experience in deep learning neural networks like CNN, RNN for object detection/recognition/tracking/classification, text detection, OCR and optimization for targeted infrastructure.
- Experience in real-time video analytics pipeline.
- Productized large-scale ML models/algorithms in prior experience
- Familiar with software development practices/pipelines (DevOps- Kubernetes, docker containers, CI/CD tools).
Eligible team members will receive market competitive package including competitive pay, health, accidental and life insurance coverage, gratuity and provident fund, training and development and other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture