Lead EngineerApply Now Job ID: R0000033666 Date posted: 07/18/2019 schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
We are looking for talented developers to join us in Cloud Platform Engineering team who implements and maintains the platforms and APIs that enable applications to utilize the Target’s private, public and hybrid cloud infrastructure.
As a Lead Engineer, you serve as the technical anchor for the Cloud Platform Engineering Team at Target that supports infrastructure products and release components.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Keywords : Fullstack, Java, Angular JS, NodeJS , ReactJs/ JSON/XML, Python, Go, REST API
• Good Understanding of at least one major programming language
• Understands framework and enough of tool ecosystem of chosen language to implement end to end component with minimal assistance
• Comfortable producing and refactoring code without assistance
• Able to test drive features in programming language of choice
• Understands different major language paradigms (OOP)
• Understands presence of abstraction beneath language (JVM/CLR)
• Can reason about complexity of algorithms (time and space) and code (cyclomatic)
• Can debug code
• Can understand and resolve complex issues
• Implement design patterns with guidance
• Identify design patterns in code
• Comfortable translating small behavior requirements into tasks & code
• Basic understanding of domains and domain modelling
• Seeks out and uses appropriate abstractions
• Understands DRY and basic code hygiene factors
• Understands patterns for integration (events/services)
• Understands how to leverage existing functionality outside immediate project
• Understands scope of project and when to move behaviour to other services
• Understands BDD/TDD/Performance/Security/Smoke testing
• Understands CI and CD, writes tests to ensure CI/CD processes work
• Working knowledge of CI tooling
• Commits code early and often
• Understands feature toggling
• Understands version control & branching strategies
• Good working knowledge of one relevant operating system
• Understands one relevant Database technology
• Can script and automate within relevant environment
• Understands main security risks of relevant language and framework (OWASP 10 or similar)
• Can perform a tool based security scan and articulate vulnerabilities
• Understands Oauth/Saml & identity models
• Basic grasp of secure coding
We are looking for Language agnostic resources, however below is the end to end tech stack we use for developing our large scale retail platforms.
- Should 6-10 years of experience in core UI development in an Enterprise scale e-commerce setup or in a start-up
- 6-10 years of experience in building successful production software systems.
- Strong understanding of UI concepts, techniques, frameworks and tools
- Experience in working in an Agile Development Environment
- Experience in technologies like Reactjs, Nodejs or similar tech stack. (full stack developer).
- Build reusable UI components, ensuring that UI codebase is scalable and maintainable
- Understand customer experience and business requirements and translate the same into simple, elegant and optimal technology
- Good experience with NoSQL and SQL databases.
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and experience in building services.
- Good experience with designing and implementing REST APIs for consumption by multiple platforms.
- Ability to design considering scale, availability, performance and reliability aspects.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving.
- Ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies and adopt solution from within the company or from the Open Source community.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstract.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, CI/CD, testing, and operations.
- Experience with deployment to cloud infrastructure environments( Ansible, Teraform, Docker etc)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture