Lead Engineer – LAN, WAN engineerApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000173267
job family: Technology Engineering
schedule: Full time
JOIN US AS AN LEAD Engineer – LAN, WAN engineer
About this Opportunity
The Target Technology Services (TTS) team designs and creates innovative solutions for a variety of applications, platforms and environments. TTS not only gives Target a competitive advantage in the marketplace, but also enhances the guest experience through the smart use of technology in the retail industry
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Senior Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Use your technology acumen to apply and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within specialized area(s) of the technology domain.
- Evaluate new technologies and participates in decision-making, accounting for several factors such as viability within Target’s technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership.
- Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities for new technologies.
- In complex and unstructured situations, serve as an expert resource to create and improve standards and best practices to ensure high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables.
- Provide suggestions for handling routine and moderately complex technical problems, escalating issues when appropriate.
- Gather information, data, and input from a wide variety of sources; identify additional resources when appropriate, engage with appropriate stakeholders, and conduct in-depth analysis of information.
- Serve as an expert resource in disaster recovery and disaster recovery planning.
- Stay current with Target’s technical capabilities, infrastructure, and technical environment.
- 4 years degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7- 10 years’ strong experience in Routing, LAN troubleshooting & automation.
- Experience in managing & working in Large scale Enterprise network is must to have, at L3 level.
- Expertise needed in BGP, with L2 switching and QoS.
- VRF, DMVPN concepts and deployment experience is desired.
- Or Strong experience in Data center switching with strong VXLAN concepts or ACI knowhow.
- CCIE R&S/Enterprise, Certification would be an added advantage.
- Experience in SONIC/Cumulus Linux, white box networking, Linux Networking, is added advantage.
- Experience in VPN, Wireshark packet captures is desirable.
- Strong experience in network automation & using python & Ansible is desired.
- Experience with working with tools such as Thousand Eyes, Elastic Search, Splunk will be added advantage.
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Good verbal, written and presentation skills
- Works well under pressure and attention to detail with ability to self- organise to meet dead lines
- Functions as an effective member of a team by modelling teamwork and team effectiveness
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and come up with quick stop-gap arrangements for reducing business impact.
- Strong technical and problem-solving abilities are needed.
- Ability to drive and lead initiatives, coach junior members of the team are expected.
- Expected to come up with new ideas and hackathon ideas.
Eligible team members will receive market competitive package including competitive pay, health, accidental and life insurance coverage, gratuity and provident fund, training and development and other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best - the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members' futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture