Lead EngineerApply Now Job ID: R0000070033 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a lead engineer, you serve as the technical anchor for the engineering team that supports a product. You create, own and are responsible for the application architecture that best serves the product in its functional and non-functional needs. You identify and drive architectural changes to accelerate feature development or improve the quality of service (or both). You have deep and broad engineering skills and are capable of standing up an architecture in its whole on your own, but you choose to influence a wider team by acting as a “force multiplier”. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Electronics Design and Automation (Schematic Capture, Footprint and PCB Design) using KiCad/Eagle
- Design of IoT and Embedded Systems using ESP32, STM32, Atmel and/or Microchip
- Knowledge of certification processes and design guidelines (FCC, CE, RoHS)
- Board bring up and Hardware Validation
- Rapid prototyping and testing on Bare Metal Setups (GNU, LLVM)
- Knowledge of microprocessor/microcontroller based systems (RISC-V, ARM, 8x51)
- Knowledge of efficient designs of battery powered devices
- Digital logic design
- 3D printing as well product design will be a plus (FDM, SLA, Resin)
- 5-7 years of relevant experience based on the skillset above.
- Should be a skilled technician capable of handling sensitive electronic parts
- Must be able to operate test and measurement equipment confidently
- Should be aware of trends in the field of electronics, product design, and manufacturing
- Should be able to interpret vendor documentation and convey key design aspects to a team of collaborators
- A good balance of complementary hardware and software skills will be valued
- Ability to code scripts to validate hardware, automate tests and perform diagnostics will be a plus
- Knowledge of collaboration tools as well as involvement in technical community projects is highly desirable
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture