Lead HROC Specialist - Workplace AccommodationApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000326475
job family: Business Process & Operations
schedule: Full time
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 450,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel, and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Every time a guest enters a Target store or browses Target.com, they experience the impact of Target’s investments in technology and innovation. We’re the technologists behind one of the most loved retail brands, delivering joy to millions of our guests, team members, and communities.
The Accommodation Specialist will work directly with Stores, GSCL and US HQ team members, local HR, and leaders on the intake of workplace accommodation requests. This individual will be the initial contact for team members as they proceed through the accommodation process. This role requires strong communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and a customer service focus to ensure an optimal team member experience during the accommodation intake process.
- Manage incoming accommodation requests, and create an intake queue for the broader centralized accommodations team
- Assess preliminary information and criteria to determine the scope of the accommodation request - may include engaging the team member, leader, or local HR or ER/LR to ensure initial request documentation is collected (such as medical documentation or any other initial information needed to intake the request)
- Initiate creation of case documentation, including request intake, team member, location, accommodation type, and triage to the appropriate accommodations consultant
- Assist in maintaining current status with caseloads that will fluctuate during periods of high volume such as peak season, staffing changes, or new regulations that impact the entire workforce (e.g. federal or state vaccine mandates).
- Create and maintain accurate, timely, and compliant case records
- Passion for delivering a positive team member experience
- Troubleshoot issues and remove barriers causing frustrations before, during, or after the accommodation process
- Initiate follow up with team members that have received accommodations to ensure the provided accommodation is still effective after a certain period of time
- Engages in special projects in the areas of continuous improvement and process efficiency
- Follows company procedures as it relates to HR best practices and handling confidential information
- Graduate in any discipline
- 3-4 years of work experience, preferably in customer facing roles
- 1-2 years of experience with case management or providing support to employees on disability, leave of absence, human resources, customer service, healthcare setting or employee relations functions
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, SharePoint, and other web-based tools
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of sensitivity for confidentiality
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- Ability to work with all levels of business
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong time management and ownership of deliverables
- Ability to work in night shifts
- A general understanding of US federal and state disability and accommodation laws, in addition to understanding the workplace accommodation process
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture