Lead Process EngineerApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000229135
job family: Process Engineering
schedule: Full time
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
The Financial and Retail Services (FRS) organization is close to the action when it comes to communication—whether with guests or Target team members. From guest service professionals and product designers, to vendor managers and financial and workforce management analysts, FRS comprises several key and high-visibility areas that elevate and nurture Target’s distinctive reputation. We cultivate loyalty and satisfaction through exceptional service and support. And we foster a culture of responsive, knowledgeable and committed service—from the inside out—through enterprise services our people can count on.
Beyond our world-class service centers, there are many important challenges to be met in other FRS teams. Financial Payment Solutions (FPS) strategically curate and enable payment acceptance for Target, working with internal and external partners to envision and advocate for the future, manage payment expense, proactively prevent fraud and manage the accounting and controls for FRS. FRS Operations and Product Team plays at the intersections of process and technology, and Service Delivery Enablement (SDE) which develops comprehensive service delivery strategies for our service centers. FRS Product Design manages and grows loyalty, frequency and other marketing programs for all Payment Cards (RedCard, Gift Card). The Credit Strategy and Compliance team manages the credit card program and related interactions with our bank partner, and includes the Credit Strategy, Credit Risk Underwriting and Compliance functions.
The Lead Process Engineer is expected to drive value and change through the development of comprehensive business cases based on your discovery efforts. You will lead the design and delivery of process improvements that result in positive business outcomes through the elimination of redundancies, minimization of handoffs, and uncover opportunities to continuously improve leveraging the right partnerships when needed for true end-to-end optimization. Using a hands on approach, you will ensure success by leveraging tools / techniques ranging from Lean, 6-Sigma, value stream & journey mapping, Theory of Constraints, and the agile framework to build on a culture of operational excellence. You will support an environment that reinforces continuous improvement of business processes, increases consistency, reduces guest pain points and empowers other team members to enhance the value of the service they provide to guests.
- Work as an experienced level process expert who will organize, lead, and facilitate large scale strategic redesign efforts
- Own and drive operational excellence relationship, pipeline, and improvement engagements acting as the link between pyramids / BRM & FRS Service Operational teams. You will ensure delivery teams are set up for successful execution of services within scope to achieve business transformation & Continuous improvement
- Organize, lead, and facilitate large scale, highly matrixed strategic redesign projects
- Lead the Voice of Customer (VOC) exercise in partnership with Product and Business Integration to validate expectations & goals, value added activities and assess whether FRS can achieve strategic imperatives
- Ensure insights obtained from partners are taken into consideration when developing process improvement plans
- Partner with Finance and other SDE teams to develop business cases showing quantifiable and qualitative benefits
- Leverage Change Management approaches to plan for change, training, and communication needs
- Provide guidance to more junior Process Engineers and Process Managers
As a leader within FRS you will be expected to influence key stakeholders and lead working sessions that drive decisions, alignment, generate superior value, and empower our teams to provide service with a heart.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Process improvement experience
- Green Belt Certified, or knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, value stream mapping, and journey Mapping approaches
- Competencies in Project and Change Management methodologies with the ability to sequence and plan activities
- Experience supporting business case development
- Experience with the Agile Framework working with business and technical teams
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- Strong written, oral, communication, networking, and presentation skills
- Growth mindset and passion for continuous learning
- Customer & Client Service experience a plus
- Strong problem solving, synthesizing, and analytical skills (e.g. can conduct root cause analysis, make recommendations, and track results)
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Four year degree in Industrial Engineering (IE) or related field; advanced degree preferred
- Ability to challenge the status quo, and work under ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to use data to influence / inform senior leaders and defend your perspective and business case
- Strong interpersonal skills characterized by effective interactions with a diverse range of internal and external constituents, stakeholders, and audiences
- Work experience in an influential role (e.g. consulting) preferred
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture