Lead Safety Compliance ConsultantApply Now Job ID: R0000085167 job family: Risk Management schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Lead the development of programs that identify and manage Target Store safety and OSHA compliance risk. This role is responsible for implementation of Target Store monitoring activities, creating and maintaining compliance documentation to ensure issues are remediated and sustainable and effective remediation plans are in place to mitigate/eliminate risk. The role will engage with a wide range of leaders and teams, both in the United States and India, training them on compliance requirements and holding them accountable to implementing an appropriate remediation plan. Role must have ability to drive change, hold leaders accountable, strong communication and program management skills, and be comfortable with minimal direction and in ambiguous settings.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate and sustain productive engagement and relationships with domestic and international senior leaders responsible for business processes that have safety and compliance requirements.
- Consult on new business and technology initiatives to ensure compliance requirements are built into new work to ensure our risk profile does not increase.
- Develop monitoring and testing processes and execute appropriate remediation follow-up in instances where controls are not operating as intended.
- Develop program improvement plans based on a strategic analysis of enforcement actions, business operations, risk findings and process changes.
- Develop routines to remain informed regarding projects international teams are supporting to inform and identify potential improvement opportunities in compliance monitoring activities.
- Develop and apply reporting that provides leaders with an overview of the compliance risk profile.
- Develop and deliver training to internal team members on how to effectively identify, monitor and communicate exceptions to Stores safety and OSHA compliance programs.
- Represent Target and benchmark with retail peers.
- Analyze compliance data and conduct real-time monitoring to identify trends and areas of opportunity; provide feedback by escalating identified risk and ongoing performance concerns to leaders.
Reports to the India site manager, takes work direction from Functional leader, Director, Target Stores Safety, works daily with US store leadership to accomplish program goals.
- Action-oriented and able to operate in ambiguous environments with minimal direction around new areas of work (e.g. interdependencies)
- Ability to hold others accountable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of US compliance requirements
- Detailed oriented, strong accuracy and completeness
- Degree in a business related field
- Minimum of 5 + years directly related experience
- Experience with Risk and Compliance tools
- Excellent presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Highly organized, ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to drive results across many organizations
- Ability to lead, drive and implement initiatives independently
- Ability to work with numerous partners and get result through others
- Experience in retail or corporate environment working in matrixed operations
- Previous experience developing effective and sustainable compliance programs
- Knowledge of US OSHA compliance requirements
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture