Lead Specialist AccountingApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000328637
job family: Accounting
schedule: Full time
As Lead Specialist Control, you will be part of Finance pyramid and handling AR reconciling relating to TES function, reviewing and resolving issues related to bank settlement flowing through the exception queue.
The responsibilities also include working with business teams to ensure all entries researched & ensure accuracy of the data on Target books, coordinate with reconciliation, Technology and Banking Partners during data flow mismatch & timely escalation to resolve mismatches
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research to verify accuracy of all AR balances flowing through the exception queue, these are Authorized Not Settled Transactions to be approved or denied per the payment record.
- Eye for detail in finding mismatch between different application & data flow using excel and other web-based tool.
- Work with Sales Audit, TES Guest facing Team & Banking partners to provide information on unidentified cases for better tracking & resolution.
- Protect data integrity while working on confidential data validation during settlement to guests.
- Work with reconciliation team on any mismatch identified to find root cause & provide accurate justification on the findings for ME.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of journal entries and month end activities.
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation and review of account reconciliations
- Perform variance analysis for material GL variances between various sub ledger systems.
2. Maintain Data Integrity & Controls
- Require to handle guest confidential data through secured network & ensure to adhere to required standards.
- Escalate impact of any system change/upgrades on Reconciliation workflows and partnering with technical teams, as required.
- Timely and accurate response to audit queries and ensure successful Internal, external and SOX audits.
- Provide timely update to SME & managers in reference to upstream system issues, unusual trends, Nonvalue add activities in order to fix the root cause
- Partner with cross functional SME’s, MPLS Partner & team to gather data for reporting methods.
- Identify process improvement ideas to drive operational efficiencies and improve control environment.
- Share and implement best practices followed across Finance on training, partnership, documentation and training methodology.
Reports to Manager AR Control. Works closely with all levels of Sales Audit, GL Reconciliation FRS Accounting, Finance Technology, External banking partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; Qualified or Semi-qualified CA, ACCA, CMA with two years of work experience.
- Three to Five years in accounting/reconciliation experience
- Working knowledge on ERP like SAP, Oracle, Fiserv etc
- Excellent communication skills written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Strong customer service skills
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture