Lead Specialist Collections
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
The Financial and Retail Services (FRS) organization is close to the action when it comes to communication—whether with guests or Target team members. From guest service professionals and product designers, to vendor managers and financial and workforce management analysts, FRS comprises several key and high-visibility areas that elevate and nurture Target’s distinctive reputation. We cultivate loyalty and satisfaction through exceptional service and support. And we foster a culture of responsive, knowledgeable and committed service—from the inside out—through enterprise services our people can count on.
Guest-facing contact centers that directly impact Target’s profit and growth while fostering an exceptional guest experience and our strong reputation include: Collections (which handles loss prevention, recovery operations and collection strategy); REDcard® Guest Services (which handles guest contact, fulfillment and legal & executive support); Guest Relations (which engages with guests via all communication channels to strengthen loyalty and drive sales); and Target.com Guest Services (which handles all guest inquiries and comments relating to Target.com orders and issues with Target’s website).
As a Lead Specialist Collections, you will provide support and mentoring for internal team members regarding soft skills, policy/procedures and system functionality while adapting your coaching style to fit individual team member needs. This can include modeling calls, side by sides, call listening sessions, as well as handling escalated calls from guests in order to help team members provide a Target-branded experience with every interaction. You will motivate and engage all team members on the floor in all areas of the Collections business by being visible and available to assist, and developing creative ways of improving processes and procedures. They also help in the successful onboarding of new hires by providing subject matter expertise and support in training classes. Lead Specialists interact with leaders and other key business partners to assist with any gaps in processes/procedures and various projects, but also should be able to work and make routine decisions independently when required. Lead Specialists will also assist in identifying, evaluating, and communicating guest trends to leadership in a prompt manner and complete their core role responsibilities on a daily basis. Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• High school Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
• Proven skills in handling people issues and conflict resolutions, including empathy, de-escalation skills
• Experience in the customer service field
• Independent and self-motivated to meet and exceed prescribed goals
• Demonstrated direct or indirect leadership ability and experience in a team environment
• Ability to interact and communicate with guests, team members and internal business partners with a professional and friendly style
• Ability to use various information sources to answer questions, identify problems and appropriately resolve issues
• Strong technical skills, ability to work within multiple systems, and high proficiency with PC/Microsoft applications
• Ability to flex schedule to meet demands of the business, including working some nights, weekends, and holidays
• B.A. or B.S. degree preferred
• 1+ years of previous call center experience preferred
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture