Lead Specialist Procuremnt OpsApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000264784
job family: Finance Process & Operations
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive and beloved retail brand, the Procurement team works across the business to maximize every resource, asset and relationship. Procurement is responsible for working with teams to contract indirect goods and services (non-retail). Our goal is to support indirect spend per the Delegation of Authority Policy by identifying sourcing opportunities, ensuring contract requirements are met, and operationalizing negotiated vendor agreements. We use good data, in-depth analysis and cross-functional insights to identify and communicate the best practices that elevate our sourcing and procurement work to its highest potential.
A role with Procurement Services is a chance to positively impact several key areas of Target’s business. Your input will ensure that Target realizes the expected value from the terms of our agreements that comprise nearly a $10 billion annual spend toward innovative and competitively priced goods and services by:
- Promoting best practices across the entire company by developing deep knowledge and client relationships in each spend category
- Providing expert integrated business planning and stakeholder management for all indirect items and services
- Applying intelligent rate, demand and specification levers to source, negotiate and contract services while sustainably lowering costs
- Propelling the business with accurate and comprehensive demand forecasting, financial planning and item setup
- Changing the game for our internal online catalog end users by making the entire buying process faster and simpler
- Helping us cultivate Target’s partnerships with diverse, community-minded suppliers who are committed to economic development and job growth
- Ensures accurate and efficient procurement processes thus maximizing service and minimizing costs.
- Category management - Analyze data related to indirect categories, identify business requirement or challenges and provide appropriate solution.
- Constantly monitor store requirement/issues to identify trends and work across business lines to remove barriers.
- Support the Store Chat bot program by sharing ideas for enhancement, managing projects, monitoring and reporting bot performance in partnership with Product and business teams.
- Initiates the creation and maintenance of purchase orders for assigned commodities and processes, ensuring accurate and timely delivery
- Complies with all accounting practices, audit procedures and purchasing policies.
- Processes department specific capital project invoices, as applicable.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to ensure issues with invoices are resolved in a timely fashion
- Understands Target's business and reporting environments.
- Understands Target’s Indirect Procurement data across channels. Identify appropriate data, metrics. Determines best methods in order to gather data and present information.
- Create and leverage best methods for reporting solutions. Create mock-ups of reports and solicit feedback Works on delivery strategy for new reports through portals, SharePoint, Visualization tools etc.
- Ensure the reports efficiently meet business needs, Develop Timing & Action, estimating the delivery time. Communication of progress, milestones, challenges against the plan.
- Documents requirement & method of reporting solutions.
- Be a great team player, help team members to build reporting environment.
- 2 - 3 years procurement experience with record of increased responsibility and/or complexity
- Ability to think strategically with excellent quantitative skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Comfortable in handling data, data cleaning and deriving insights from the same.
- Advanced Excel, VBA, Data Visualization tools (Micro-strategy, Tableau etc)
- Passion for owing processes end to end by actively communicating with US partners
- Proficiency in creation of dashboards and reports
- Inherent project management skills apart from using productivity tools like Jira, Confluence etc.,
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders in order to solve a problem
- Systems knowledge including SAP - Ariba, Microsoft Office and other systems
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture