Lead Specialist SPT - TIIApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000264132
job family: Merchandising Process & Operations
schedule: Full time
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $70 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target’s resources and partnerships worldwide, merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1800 stores. Are you a creative problem solver who loves to see your work translate into real results? Can you collaborate effectively, execute a plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses and presents the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role with Space & Presentation means you’re on a mission to create better store space and experiences for our guest while maximizing sales. We are responsible for ensuring the right item is on the right shelf in the right store. On the Space side, we do this by using analytics to determine the appropriate footage for each assortment for every store (“adjacency”). Each store's assortment is assigned to a planogram (POG) which is developed in Presentation to ensure the localized assortment meets presentation objectives and is associated to the correct location in a store. We believe that making increasingly better space allocation and presentation decisions will increase sales, improve guest satisfaction and reduce out-of-stocks. Here, you’ll partner with and manage cross-functional project teams in Merchandising, Store Design, Marketing, Store Operations and Non-Retail Procurement from strategy to execution to achieve an inspiring and convenient in-store guest experience.
As a Lead Specialist in Space & Presentation, you will:
- Maintain flawless execution with 100% accuracy and timeliness, gain expertise of the assigned division and demonstrate end to end business and strategy context
- Manage, lead and implement multiple projects in a division by: evaluating the business strategy and defining the project scope, estimating the effort and define key milestones, executing complex tasks within the project, monitoring overall execution and quality of the deliverables, and proactively communicating with stakeholders about project plan, progress and closure.
- Solve defined problems of low/medium complexity and assist high complexity projects
- Create and maintain knowledge documentations of the assigned business
- Conduct regular analysis to recap and provide inputs to the future strategy
- Provides guidance and training to others in the department or immediate team
- Identify opportunities to streamline the process through automation or lean methodology
- Follow operational hygiene (e.g., project management practices, quality assurance, time tracker)
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree in Business, Commerce, Fashion, Professional, Civil/Architecture or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a related field
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint (or similar) applications required
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator with the ability to present to large groups of people
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage cross-functional projects
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture