Manager, Competitive Intelligence Pricing OperationsApply Now Job ID: R0000122425 job family: Pricing & Promotions schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
As a Manager, Competitive Intelligence Operations you will be responsible for managing the operations of gathering competitive intelligence. Target’s competitive pricing program and pricing insights is dependent on timely, accurate, and efficient collection of the competitor data generated by this team. You will be a part of a world-class, Merchandising Capabilities team spanning our Bangalore and Minneapolis offices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading operations on gathering and increasing competitive intelligence by identifying comparable matches (exact/similar) in the market for items in our assortment.
- Ensure we have identified comparable matches in at least one of our competitive data sources for items to be able to actively price them.
- Ensure quality in competitor data gathered by reviewing and analyzing data through regular audits of competitor matches and remediate issues before sending it downstream.
- Use problem solving principles, strong critical thinking and partnership with product, pricing operations and insights teams to increase ROI on competitive data acquisition.
- Responsible for achieving and influencing strategic KPIs by working with product and pricing operations teams, prioritizing work, and managing day-to-day operations.
- Establish strong partnership with respective product teams in building capabilities that automates product matching and helps gather quality competitive intelligence from various sources
- Leverage data and insights to troubleshoot operational and product roadblocks to improve pricing analysts experience on using competitive intelligence for making pricing decisions
- Perform periodic competitive analysis to identify key competitors for price matching to ensure Target is accurately price positioned in the market
- Responsible for leading, coaching and developing a team of 10 - 15 team members and contractors.
- Align work, set priorities, and establish & track desired metrics to ensure business and team goals are met.
- Develop team through on-the-job experiences, relevant feedback, visibility and recognition.
- Coach team members to drive long-term retention and career growth.
- Set clear priorities for team and keep them focused on the highest impact work.
- Counsels team members where there are issues regarding performance.
- Engage with CCM team to hire, onboard and manage contractor resources
Culture, Communication & Training
- Drive positive, inclusive, engaged culture and best practices for all of Pricing & Promotions Center of Excellence in our Bangalore office.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to cross-cultural nuances. Communicate effectively with team members and partners in various forums including town halls and skip level meets ,
- Provide direction, support, and training opportunities for team members,
- Reports to Director, Everyday Pricing Insights & Operations and Competitive Intelligence
- Works closely with all disciplines of pricing team (VP, Sr/Directors, Managers, Analysts, Product Owners, Price Engineering), Item COE and TII Operational Excellence team
- 5-8 years of experience (MBA-retail/operations management)
- 2 years of merchandising or retail management
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills Strategic Orientation Ability to sort through ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maximize relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical skills should include advanced knowledge in MS Office & O365 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Forms, Flow, & SharePoint), basic knowledge in SQL (Select statements, joins etc.)
- 2 years people management experience
- Prior retail/e-commerce experience
- Prior experience in pricing related functions and working in a product team
- Basic knowledge in SQL and Domo
- 6 Sigma experience (8 step problem solving & lean principles application)
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture