Manager Compliance Privacy OperationsApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000268484
job family: Compliance
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
To match the signature style and passion of Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of experts. Whether specializing in law, government affairs, employee relations, risk, compliance, ethics, security or food safety, we use our expertise and influence to advocate for Target, support Target’s business and mitigate risk for the company. We work with both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target’s ability to productively, ethically and securely conduct business. Through our understanding of Target’s business models and operations, we help facilitate Target’s growth, and provide guidance that leaders rely on to make appropriate, well-informed decisions. Simultaneously, we help protect the business by applying our comprehensive understanding of risk and the law on issues that impact our brand, guests, team members, stores, distribution centers and corporate locations.
Here, you’ll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business, collaborating with others and building relationships with senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be essential to tackling the ever-changing legal and risk-based challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail environment.
A role in Corporate Compliance and Ethics means providing support and managing key compliance areas for Target including stores, distribution centers and at headquarters. You will also be a part of helping Target maintain a positive work environment by coordinating efforts in its Ethics office.
As a Compliance Manager you will lead group of privacy compliance professionals by
- Lead implementation of privacy compliance programs and processes relating to data subject requests
- Hiring, training, motivating and coaching team members
- Setting day to day operational objectives
- Monitoring process activities, including ensuring adequate staffing, with the objective of meeting team goal
- Able to get involved in task execution, to accomplish team objectives.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders in resolving any problem that hinders the compliance professionals from achieving their objectives
- Partnering with internal stakeholders to define processes wherever required
- Ensuring practices are understood and followed by direct reports, advising on changes if any required to make the process more efficient.
- Assessing team member performance and providing helpful feedback and training opportunities.
- Collaborate with program leadership to support the continuous improvement of privacy rights operations
In addition you would be expected to
- Participate in department projects to drive efficiencies and eliminate opportunity for manual error by researching, vetting and implementing automation tools and technology
- Collaborate with leaders and cross functional partners to investigate issues, identify trends, and recommend mitigation techniques or solutions
- Identify relevant metrics and prepare regular reporting or presentations to department leadership to support decision making, influence process changes, and track volume and program activities
- Other duties as assigned
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs
- Four year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of experience within Privacy, Risk or other related Compliance functions, including specific exposure to privacy regulations (ie CCPA/GDPR); previous retail operations experience preferred
- Have experienced in managing and leading a diverse team
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate meetings, resolve conflict, build consensus, establish rapport and collaborate effectively across departments and externally
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to leverage data to influence decisions, identify risks and improvement opportunities, and distill complex issues into actionable plans
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, maintaining appropriate prioritisation and ensuring adherence to deadlines
- Ability to apply discretion and sensitivity while working with confidential information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to adapt to change and navigate a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture