Manager Compliance Privacy OperationsApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000268356
job family: Compliance
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
To match the signature style and passion of Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of experts. Whether specializing in law, government affairs, employee relations, risk, compliance, ethics, security or food safety, we use our expertise and influence to advocate for Target, support Target’s business and mitigate risk for the company. We work with both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target’s ability to productively, ethically and securely conduct business. Through our understanding of Target’s business models and operations, we help facilitate Target’s growth, and provide guidance that leaders rely on to make appropriate, well-informed decisions. Simultaneously, we help protect the business by applying our comprehensive understanding of risk and the law on issues that impact our brand, guests, team members, stores, distribution centers and corporate locations.
Here, you’ll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business, collaborating with others and building relationships with senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be essential to tackling the ever-changing legal and risk-based challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail environment.
A role in Corporate Compliance and Ethics means providing support and managing key compliance areas for Target including stores, distribution centers and at headquarters. You will also be a part of helping Target maintain a positive work environment by coordinating efforts in its Ethics office.
As Privacy Programs Manager, you will manage areas of Privacy and Data Ethics Program to ensure Target remains in compliance with our privacy regulatory obligations.
- Develop and build program level capabilities to meet compliance management framework expectations, including program documentation, control identification, gap analysis against requirements, training and awareness, and monitoring and reporting.
- Lead projects or work streams within projects to develop, improve, and maintain timely, efficient, compliant and repeatable Privacy practices.
- Lead aspects of regulatory change management for fast emerging privacy laws and technology company rules.
- Identify relevant metrics to develop dashboards and reporting on compliance programs
- Prepare regular reporting or presentations to department leadership to support decision making, influence process changes and program activities.
- Establish and maintain key relationships within the Compliance & Risk organizations, with cross-functional leaders and privacy contacts, and with external business partners and vendors in order to stay informed of business changes and industry best practices.
- Effectively lead and drive organizational change and influence such change across business areas
- Hire train, motivate and coach team members
- Create individual and team goals in line with the program goals
- Monitor/ guide/supervise team tasks
- Provide updates to management and relevant stakeholders
- Assess team member performance and provide helpful feedback and training opportunities
- Build strong relationship both within and outside of Privacy team and drive cross team initiatives
- Other duties as assigned.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs
- Four year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/ Certified Information Privacy Manager
- 8+ years of experience within Privacy, Risk or other related Compliance functions, including specific exposure to privacy regulations (i.e. CCPA/CPRA/ the like)
- Understanding of program frameworks and ability to apply concepts to the privacy program
- Demonstrated ability to develop program documentation, develop and conduct training and awareness, process and data mapping, identify controls and gaps, and establish monitoring and reporting
- Experience leading cross-functional projects or work steams within projects. Ability to adapt, prioritize and successfully manage multiple tasks or projects in response to changing, ambiguous or competing priorities. This includes the ability to plan, execute, monitor, and close projects to meet specific objectives and success measures
- Ability to identify process problems, document end-to-end baseline processes and develop improvement plans through documented process maps.
- Ability to design effective controls (e.g. preventive, detective, corrective) within an operational process and ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate meetings, manage conflict, build consensus, establish rapport and collaborate effectively across departments and externally
- Ability to identify improvements within a process in order to transition manual compliance controls or processes to automation.
- Ability to collect, assemble and analyze data to draw conclusions. This includes using data visualization tools effectively to monitor compliance performance.
- The ability to apply change principles and processes to effectively implement changes
- Ability to apply discretion and sensitivity while working with confidential information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change and navigate a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Developing and enabling a high performing team with diverse membership
already started an application?log in to continue
still have some questions?check out the careers FAQ
curious about our benefits?explore how we care
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture