Media Analyst, Reporting & Insights
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
As a Reporting & Insight Analyst, you will report, track, and provide analysis for vendors and Target Media Network (TMN) campaigns. This role will focus not only on in- depth analysis of the advertising campaigns but also keenly contributes to trend analysis, upsell opportunities, understanding of measurement methodologies, understanding data and analytics from various sources and making correlation to deliver a great guest experience.
The Reporting & Insights Analyst, will be naturally curious, proactive, and detail-oriented, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at once. The individual in this role will be comfortable with hands on involvement with data analysis, insight generation and enjoy digging into data to find ways to optimize it. A strong analytical thinker who can contribute to generating campaign level as well as strategic insights for advertising campaigns on TMN. One must be keen to learn in-depth implementation of various analytics, measurement tools at Target. Target has developed cutting-edge in-house leading methodologies to track and generate accurate performance results. The core competency of this role is campaign’s media metrics analysis and flight recap reporting. You’ll need to partner with media strategy and operations to understand the objective of campaigns and how they were optimized. This also includes understanding the Target’s vendor profiles and their support tiers to cater to the specific expectations of the Sales team and vendors. Carry out quantitative and qualitative research to produce media evaluation reports. These are then used to evaluate/improve the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Provide mid-flight, ad hoc and end of campaign reporting for digital campaigns; consider past campaign performance, similar campaign objectives, and category benchmarks
- Combining the individual recaps of the vendor to generate Quarterly/annual recaps and create category level insights
- Identify the key-metrics, combine them with observations to translate into strategy/vendor insights, adding value to the overall plan
- Observe and evaluate trends of media campaigns and provide recommendations for optimization tactics and future plans to drive effectiveness
- Stay updated with the over-all trend and guest behavior in the retail industry and being able to relate the results to derive market level insights
- Ensure data accuracy, as well as reporting output quality control. Troubleshoot and identify root causes for data inaccuracy- manual v/s system errors
- Identify, select and extract relevant data from various internal and external sources
- Independently work on raw data sets into information fit for analysis.
- Proactively recommend innovative ideas and opportunities
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the domain.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (computer science, statistics or related)
- Strong analytical and modeling skills, proficient at conceptualizing and implementing solutions to business problems.
- Continuous drive to improve performance by deriving actionable insight from complex datasets.
- Ability to judge and quantify results of advertising (i.e., understand true value of ROI, impact of results, compare actual results to benchmarks) and know what to do with this information (how to optimize placements, make recommendations etc.)
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational and analytical skills. Ability to multi-task and work within a rapidly changing environment.
- Genuine curiosity with how things work; motivated, self-starter
- Strong communication skills and desire to work in cross-functional groups; strong writing skills
- Exceptional understanding of the digital measurement space, analytics tools/pixels
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, DOMO, Tableau, Adobe Site Catalyst
- Knowledge of ad serving, Ad Networks and overall landscape required. Familiar with reporting dimensions and metrics of various ad/reporting servers- DFP, DCM, FB ad manager, Criteo etc.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture