Pricing AnalystApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000180754
job family: Pricing & Promotions
schedule: Full time
The Pricing Operations Analyst’s core responsibility is to govern and execute retail price adjustments at the enterprise level to ensure execution matched our intended pricing strategy for each category & item. Analysts own the regular operations and performance metrics. They advance the pricing operations performance for Target by building effective and efficient processes that pair with product technology developments to drive ongoing evolving pricing capabilities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the single point of contact for pricing operations supporting an assigned business (online & stores) and gain expertise on end to end pyramid and strategy context. This includes regular audits and research of pricing at Target and competitors, reviewing outliers in competitive price changes, and new item setups.
- Build category context to pair with rigorous data analysis on the drivers of pricing metrics and performance versus enterprise objectives
- Drive, lead and deliver new tasks and innovation projects flawlessly with 100 % accuracy and timeliness
- Solve defined problems of high complexity and streamline/redefine processes using structured techniques or automation
- Drive stakeholder and organizational awareness to performance metrics by creating and publishing dashboards, performing deep dive analyses to provide insight into effectiveness of pricing strategies and operations.
- Effectively manage best practice and team governance for your business/process and provide strategic solutions to key areas across pricing. Create and maintain knowledge documentations, follow operational hygiene (Project management practices, quality assurance & time tracker)
- Develop and maintains working relationships with price engineering teams, product owners, support teams, AIM (Six sigma team), item data management teams and all other teams related to pricing operations, to cohesively work towards achieving the business mission and goals
- Manage special projects and captainships designed to deliver critical priorities for Target or advance the total team’s performance.
- Effectively onboard, train and mentor new hires
- Reports to Pricing Manager
- Key business consultants to enterprise Price & Promotions COE, Merchants, Stores, Technology and other support areas.
- 2 to 4 years of experience ( MBA-Retail/Operations management)
4 to 5 yrs. experience (Graduate – Business/Commerce/Economics/Science/BE/B Tech)
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel and basic SQL
- Analytical, self-starter, curious and thrives on learning new capabilities
- Excellent communicator – ability to present to large groups of people, manage cross functional projects and strong organization skills
Good to have:
- Prior retail/e-commerce experience
- Basic knowledge in statistical methodologies and concepts
- Six sigma expertise (knowledge of tool and lean principles application)
- Project management expertise
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture