Principal Engineer - AndroidApply Now Location: Tower 02, Manyata Embassy Business Park, Bangalore, India, 540065; job id: R0000320392
job family: Product Engineering
schedule: Full time
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Principal Engineer you set the strategy for software development and/or infrastructure engineering at Target. You set the direction for how software and infrastructure engineering efforts will be designed, developed, and operationalized across multiple portfolios and drives adoption across TTS. You lead and approve software and infrastructure engineering efforts to meet functional and non-functional requirements. You are a thought leader and mentor for internal and external technical talent and actively contribute to the external technical community.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
As a Principal Android Engineer on the Flagship mobile team you will:
· Influence and contribute to engineering initiatives and practices at the
enterprise (Target Tech) level
· Collaborate with other engineers across products and domains to continually
improve the android development standards and practices at Target Tech
· Be a thought leader and mentor for internal and external technical talent and
actively contribute to the external technical community
· Work with engineering leaders to build a high performing engineering team
and provide technical leadership, coaching, motivation and participate in the
selection of technical talent.
· Work closely with our product, UX, and API teams to implement an intuitive,
coherent, and engaging user experience
· Ensure high quality, stable, and performant code
· Perform code and design reviews that guarantee code quality
· Evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
· Develop clean, well-tested native Android code to deliver functionality that
meets business objectives
· Identify long-term tech opportunities that bring value and develop a roadmap
for future work to ensure continued product health and innovation
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience. Continuing education to maintain thorough knowledge of technical domains along with staying current in latest technologies
• 10+ years of experience in technology development or services, including deep experience across Android Java/Kotlin stack.
• 4+ years of experience in strategic planning and setting technical direction
• Possesses a strong understanding of systems programming and control languages as required by your domain. Has demonstrated success in solving complex technical problems in more than one technical or functional areas
• Understands business fundamentals and how technologies can support business goals along with how to translate business vision into a technical strategy while understanding the financial implications
• Has proven leadership capabilities, the ability to influence others, interpersonal skills, and problem solving skills
• Strong team player who understands concepts of teamwork and team effectiveness.
• Has excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills to convey complex technical solutions clearly to an organization
• Has excellent planning and organizational skills.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture