Principal Engineer - Endpoint EngineeringApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000171388
job family: Technology Engineering
schedule: Full time
Principal Engineer – Endpoint Engineering
Similar terms in the industry are Mobile Device Management/Deployment – MDM; MAM. Covering Android, iOS and Windows devices.
About the Role
Target’s Infrastructure team is looking for passionate engineers having the experience in driving state of the art technology innovation in the fast changing retail landscape.
The key to the success of this position is to have a strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written/verbal, formal/informal), flexibility, self-motivated with attention to detail.
As a Principal Engineer you will need to:
Apply Tech acumen to address business problems:
- Understand Target's business and technical environments and assist teams in resolving complex business challenges via current and futuristic technical solutions by assessing viability/applicability/cost implication through POCs/POTs/prototypes.
- You will lead the engineering efforts in managing mobile/other handheld/endpoint devices in our stores, DC and HQ locations.
- Understanding of the external retail technology landscape, collaborating with technology partners/vendors.
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Use your skills and experience to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
Be an Agile/DevOps practitioner:
- You will need to be a strong advocate/practitioner of Agile and DevOps practices across engineers.
- Build DevOps mindset in the product engineering team, ensuring end-to-end ownership – from test automation to automated deployments and monitoring, management and alerting.
- Champion the extreme agile practices, prioritize quality over quantity and speed.
Help Build strong teams:
- You are a thought leader and mentor for internal technical talent and actively contribute to enhancement of their skills.
- Work with engineering leaders to build a high performing engineering team and provide technical leadership, coaching, motivation and participate in the selection of technical talent.
- Provide strong leadership and communication skills and use broad technical knowledge that draws upon diverse experiences.
Build Internal & External collaboration/partnerships:
- Engages in external tech community (writing blogs, contributing to open source, present in meetups/ conferences, etc)
- Establishes relationships across the organization to help facilitate strategies/plans with a technical emphasis. Communicates project status ensuring the team is on track to satisfy client expectations.
- Collaborate with other Technology, Business teams in setting technical direction for the product/platform
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience. Continuing education to maintain thorough knowledge of technical domains along with staying current in latest technologies.
- 12+ years of experience in technology development and 4+ years in the retail domain.
- 4+ years of experience in strategic planning and setting technical direction.
- Extensive experience in Java, Groovy/Ratpack, Kubernetes, Android/iOS programming, Linux, NoSQL DBs.
- Possesses a strong understanding of MDM solutions and architecting for it.
- Experience in working on OEM SDKs will be a desired skill.
- Experience with using and debugging highly distributed, fault tolerant, and fast streaming systems and real time data pipelines.
- Full stack engineer with agile and an innovation mindset.
- Help in developing a roadmap for building, testing and deploying product/s that would help build industry leading IT inventory and endpoint management capabilities.
- Experience with leading and mentoring engineers on development and coding practices
- Has demonstrated success in solving complex technical problems in more than one technical or functional areas.
- Understands business fundamentals and how technologies can support business goals, along with how to translate business vision into a technical strategy while understanding the financial implications
- Has proven leadership capabilities, the ability to influence others, interpersonal skills, and problem solving skills
- Strong team player who understands concepts of teamwork and team effectiveness.
- Has excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills to convey complex technical solutions clearly to an organization
- Has excellent planning and organizational skills.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture