Procurement Ops ProfessionalApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000218504
job family: Purchasing & Procurement
schedule: nullProf Procurement Services
The Procurement Ops Professional (POP) primary responsibility is to manage process operations of the Procurement Operations team. The POP is responsible for providing coaching and motivation to team members so the individual/department timelines and quality goals are met. The POP is a subject matter expert in the specific areas and will determine other resources as needed. The POP will promote a business culture that is Fast, Fun, and Friendly; that ensures a great work environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demand Forecasting, analysis and reporting, to support procurement needs at the stores
- Supervise daily operations of assigned group of team members and is responsible for their process coaching. Provides regular feedback and suggestions for performance improvement.
- Serves as Subject matter expert and Mentor for the team.
- Manage task deadlines to ensure timely and accurate delivery of review and distribution. Proactively identify opportunity areas for process improvement and propose initiatives to add value to the business.
- Monitors and audits the work of each team member to ensure maximum effectiveness. Perform audit the auditor functions in team.
- Conducts root cause analysis on the documents which fail quality standards and provide timely and constructive feedback to the respective team member along with the Manager.
- Participate in weekly/monthly call with IS&P Partners.
- Works in collaboration with Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Operations partners in MPLS to prepare and publish reports to business clients and partners.
- Facilitate and participate in calibration sessions with Analyst team and Partners.
- Participate in department/company level projects and initiatives.
- Inspires team work between each team member and with other departments.
- Conducting training programs on new updates and creating quality and production metrics for the team.
- Planning production through creation of daily working plans and resource allocations. Communicate procedural changes, process updates and important information to team members via daily team huddles, weekly meetings, emails, etc.
- Responsible for achievement of productivity and quality goals as well as deadlines for team and department.
- Strong orientation towards analyzing team/process performance and recommend improvements to procedures, training, systems wherever required
Creates and models Fast, Fun, and Friendly environment
- Completes special projects as assigned on-time and adhere to training requirements.
- Troubleshooting issues - To research and analyze the issue, partner with other team members in India or US to communicate what has happened and then provide assistance in fixing the issue
- Sets objectives for own work and provides support to projects and programs.
- Leads effort for BCP coordination
- Reports directly to the Manager/Senior Manager, IS&P, Target India. Responsible for daily operations of assigned team members.
- Works closely with Specialists and Representatives.
- Build strong partnerships across team and Partners in order to meet and exceed partner expectations.
- Graduate in any discipline
- At least 5 years of overall experience
- 2-4 years of preferred experience in Sourcing and Procurement Operations
- Strong Leadership skills
- Demonstrated strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong analytical/critical thinking skills and ability to format data clearly and concisely
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and make decisions independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Strong team player
- Innovative, resourceful, creative and flexible
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Worked in a US based client environment
- Previous project management experience
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture