Production DesignerApply Now Job ID: R0000123335 job family: Advertising & Promotion schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
JOIN US AS A
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words:
About This Opportunity
As a Production Designer you will be responsible for extending design programs on print and digital marketing channels for Target's portfolio of exclusive brands, while maintaining consistent brand standards, with a high taste level and standard of creativity. You will collaborate with creative and global marketing teams on executing layout revisions, as well as creating schematics or mock-ups & presentation decks for partner and leadership reviews. You will construct, file, and retrieve content within specified guidelines on an electronic network and produce accurate mock-ups when required. You will apply and follow production execution rules to all work, layouts and print ready files including message hierarchy, branding elements, type-setting, photography and illustrations while ensuring quality and accuracy of work per standards and best practices. You will manage all project production design details in order to meet project deadlines and successfully integrate and balance big picture with day to day work.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create web banners and advertising pages as specified by creative layout, combining text and graphics on the Macintosh system. Construct, file, retrieve, and correct promotional content within specified guidelines on an electronic network and produce accurate mock-ups when required.
- Construct advertising templates for web banners, circulars, catalogs and promotions.
- Construct promotional web banners in different sizes using text and graphics.
- Design and typeset all text and type graphics for advertising pages and web banners as specified by creative layout.
- Work closely with creative staff (internal/external) to achieve their desired results. Maintain high standards of quality while meeting requirements of production output and deadlines.
- Have knowledge of half-tone print reproduction and color specifications.
- Research and educate self on new production technologies.
- Be aware of team member’s workloads and proactively serve as back-up to work rotation and assignments as needed.
- Understand and work within the Project Management approval system established for all media types.
- Special projects: Work on and deliver special projects as needed
- Knows functions and capabilities of Macintosh computer and graphics industry software programs that include document layout, drawing, and special effect applications. Have an operational knowledge of font usage, file management and output devices.
- Working knowledge of Macintosh hardware and software: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Suitcase, Adobe Acrobat, FlightCheck Collect and output devices
- 4-7 years of design or production experience
- Bachelors Degree required
- Diploma, certification or degree in multi-media will be an added advantage
- Ability to work independently; manage multiple projects
- Artistic ability to interpret design direction into a form that can be reproduced
- Proven track record of work demonstrating ability to apply fundamental design skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to extend detailed concepts across multiple formats and apply proportions of scale to each.
- Demonstrates good follow-through on commitments while being detail-oriented.
- Exercises good judgment with work/life balance
- Possesses excellent problem solving, critical thinking, presentation, and communication skills
- Reacts positively to challenges and change and consistently responds with a can-do attitude
- Exercises flexibility in managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Models positive approach when managing conflict and demonstrates a high level of accountability
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Eligible team members will receive market competitive package including competitive pay, health, accidental and life insurance coverage, gratuity and provident fund, training and development and other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best – the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members’ futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture