Senior Automation EngineerApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000281024
job family: Technology Product Management
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Target Human Resources is well known for its signature ability to build the very best teams, and we infuse our work with Target’s distinctive retail brand by continuously experimenting, evolving and innovating. With the chance to positively impact nearly 350,000 people worldwide in our stores, distribution centers and headquarters, you’ll be a strategic partner to both the leaders and the team members who elevate and nurture the Target guest experience. Our dynamic, passionate and responsive team comprises specialized people-professionals from several diverse disciplines. We operate behind the scenes to create a progressive culture of value, respect, reward and professional advancement.
HR Strategy & Process team owns many essential functions that support team members’ experience working at Target. This team includes Strategic Workforce Planning, where you’ll make the talent decisions that best serve the organization’s business needs, both in the near term and via forecasting years in advance. Or choose a role in Organizational Change Management, where you’ll lead support personnel needs through periods of organizational growth and transformation. Or maybe you’re an HR Process and Technology guru, where your aptitudes for efficiency and technology will ensure peak HR system performance and getting the maximum possible return on our HR technology investments.
As a senior automation engineer working within HR Process and Technology, you will provide expertise and support in identifying suitable business processes, develop and execute end to end automation suits for these identified business processes along with supporting other HR CFT engagements.
As an Automation Engineer you will:
- Learn various automation tools that Target uses
- Heading automation conversations and play technical consultant role for any automation discussions
- Holds accountability for end to end delivery of automation projects
- Create project management plan for automation projects along with the details on delivery and post go live support
- Design, develop and maintain automation suits for end to end business processes
- Coach, train, and modernize processes through automation
- Be accountable for building, coaching, and mentoring process owners through automation
- Be open to train and retrain process owners
- Be responsible to maintain relationships with the technical team and other engineers on the team
- Be responsible for elevating your collective team’s performance by providing insightful, motivating, and constructive feedback to all roles on the team
- Create and maintain a positive team culture by demonstrating behaviors consistent with Target’s values of Inclusivity, Connection and Drive; ensure on-going, effective communications to the team, and support individualized development
- Use your technology acumen to provide input to assist with evaluation of new technologies and contribute to the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services
- Contribute to research and proof-of-concept initiatives for new technologies and assist with code review and design review, writes, organizes, and maintains code based on designs with guidance, delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables
- Participate in structured construction, automation, debugging, and implementation activities, ensuring architectural and operational requirements and best practices are met
- Resolve frequently encountered technical issues and monitors systems capacity with minimal assistance
- Adhere to change and incident management standards and expectations
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Positive, people-oriented, enthusiastic and can easily work with others, regardless of their analytical proficiency or technical competence
- Proven track record of using feedback to adapt workflow and increase efficiency
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Familiarity with SQL and manipulating large datasets
- Familiarity with one or more scripting languages (Java script, Python)
- Familiarity with varying data storage platforms (Hadoop, Postgres, Oracle, etc.)
- 4-year technical degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Coding, low code and no code automation
- Familiar with agile development lifecycle and worked on the design/development of at least 3-4 projects
- Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
- Exposure with collaborative planning and defect tracking through GitHub
- Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables with broad impact (high throughput and low latency)
- Effective communication skills with the ability to develop effective and collaborative relationships with key business leaders in order to drive accountability, instill confidence, and influence outcomes across business functions
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Coding skills
- Low code and no code automation experience
- Experience with designing macro using advanced excel functions
Reports to Sr Manager HR Technology and Operations
already started an application?log in to continue
still have some questions?check out the careers FAQ
curious about our benefits?explore how we care
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture