Senior Financial Analyst - Tax
Financial planning and analysis (FP&A) team compiles and analyzes an organization's long-term financial strategy. In addition to creating financial plan and forecasts, our team also generates delivers on financial insights, bridges and draw financial implications of business decisions
reports, analyzes financial trends, calculate the effects of business decisions and advise company leaders.
Target seeks for a competent Tax Analyst to join our growing team. The select candidate will be responsible for Tax analytics and insights for the global generation surrounding indirect taxes applicable on a global basis.function.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor indirect tax rates changes and, ensure impact of any revision in newtax rates/laws are properlysuitably understood and documented
- Export, import, search, cleanse and Be adept in data preparation and validate data to recognize identify any patterns , understand conclusions and make initiate solutions and recommendations, thereby for improving tax systems and enhancing reporting
- Support the implementation of technology process improvement projects (e.g. working with Data Sciences and technology teams to make data availableto perform business facing analytics and reporting)
- Work with International Tax team to identify tax saving opportunitiess and suggest ways to increase profits
- Ability to work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching. Ability to see through the data and analyze it
- Identify operational and structural weaknessesopportunities. Help to develop new processes or improve existing ones to keep operations as efficient as possible.
- Supports team in the formulation of analyses and recommendations relating to assigned tax area.
- Participates in projects and process improvements for the International tax team.
Reports to Senior Manager, FP&A
- Graduate in Commerce
- 6 or more years of experience in FP&A / Tax or related area
- Knowledge of US taxation
- Strong cognitive skills – including problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
- Self-driven with great attention to detail, project management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and the ability to effectively deal with team and Business Partners
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions independently
- Technical expertise in tools like SQL, Advanced Excel & DOMO.
- Good data mining, management reporting & presentation skills
- MBA in Finance or CA/CMA/CPA
- Prior experience in Financial Planning and Analysis in a reputed organization
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture