Senior Product Manager - Business Partnerships, Negotiations and ComplianceApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000227818
job family: Technology Product Management
schedule: Full time
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $100+ billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target’s resources and partnerships worldwide, merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1800 stores. Are you a creative problem solver who loves to see your work translate into real results? Can you collaborate effectively, execute a plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role with Business Partnerships, Negotiations and Compliance product team means supporting Merchandising in developing the best possible deals for Target through strategic partnerships and vendor negotiations. You’ll work with buyers, planners and vendor organizations to set strategies that get the maximum value for Target and hold vendors accountable to Target’s performance expectations. Use your analytics expertise and strategic thinking to position Target and its vendors for the most productive and successful partnerships.
About the job:
This role focuses on developing technology and insights that ensure Target’s partners meet evolving performance expectations. It also entails driving connected technology and process to position Target to negotiate holistic levers and drive insightful negotiations.
- Defining technology priorities for Target’s Supplier Management Accountability capability
- Leading business planning and stakeholder management across multiple teams including
- Developing technology strategies and tactics to continually improve compliance and negotiations capture rates
- Driving workload efficiencies by automating processes
- Developing data integration and services strategies to connect disparate negotiations and compliance data and systems
- Developing insights to understand product performance and to inform key customers
- Ensuring product stability through incident management processes
Product Teams at Target are accountable for the delivery of business outcomes enabled through technology and analytic products that are easy to use, easily maintained and highly reliable. Product teams have one shared backlog that is inclusive of all product, technology, discovery and design work.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will work in the product model and will partner to develop a comprehensive product strategy, related roadmap, and set key business objectives (OKRs) for your respective product. You will need to leverage the knowledge of your product, as well as, customer feedback and establish other relevant data points to assess value, develop business cases, and prioritize the direction and desired outcomes for your product. You will lead a product and work in unison with engineers, UX designers, data scientists and business partners to deliver a product.
You will be the “voice of the product” to key stakeholders to ensure that their needs are met and that the product team is getting the direction and support that it needs to be successful. You will develop and actively understand the market, maintain a product roadmap and backlog outlining the customer themes, epics, and stories while prioritizing the backlog to focus on the highest impact work for your team and stakeholders.
You will encourage the open exchange of information and viewpoints, as well as, inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization's direction. You will foster sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles, and partner with product teams across the organization to help them achieve their goals while pursuing and completing yours. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year college degree (or equivalent experience)
- 6+ years of retail experience or equivalent domain experience in merchandising and/or finance
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with global technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and technology teams
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. user stories, iterative development, scrum teams, sprints, personas)
- Proven ability to lead a body of work with cross functional partners
- Experience defining/influencing product strategy with implementation and support
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture